Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaginal breech birth or planned c-section

Default Vaginal breech birth or planned c-section

As the title suggest...

Vaginal breech or planned c-section.

What would YOU choose and why?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Default Re: Vaginal breech birth or planned c-section

For me it would all depend on the skill of the Doctor or Midwife at the birth, to have a vaginal breach is becoming a thing of the past which means that many many people are not skilled practitioners in assisting with a vaginal breach. They all learn at university but as with many things putting into practice is very very different.

If I did not have confidence in staff I would opt for elective CS.

Good luck hope hitchhicker turns soon!

xoox

If i had the choice i would choose vaginal breech.
    Alas i never had the choice =(

Having not been in the situation it is merely what I *think* I would do. Vaginal breech - the thought of a C-section scares the absolute life out of me!

I've had a csection, which i would not have preferred at the time. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, and the recovery was pretty good really. So I'd choose a csection rather than vaginal breech. But probably Id also do what my OB advised as I trust him, and I suspect if he wasn't confident with the breech he would advise the csection. I'm okay with that.

I kinda agree with others on this. I would choose vaginal breech over c-section. If everything felt right. But then again I wouldn't choose c-section without feeling confident and trusting those around me.

Where is your head at?
    What is your team suggesting?

As I can't go near hospitals atm, it would have to be the breech option. But I wouldn't call it a choice, as hospital isn't an option for me.

My head is at neither... I don't want to do either!

Team - I'll know more on Thursday 26th...

That would be a super tough decision Cat. I really feel for you! I'm going to go against the grain here... As I've had a horrible 3rd deg tear (from my baby being all twisted) and a 2nd deg tear (popped open the previous year but thankfully not quite as bad) I would want a c-section. It's easy for me to say that as I have never had one, but to be completely honest, i feel a breech would tear you (which may not be the case at all!) and that would scare me to bits.
    Have a good talk with your OB or midwife and get all the facts before you make your decision.
    I wish you all the very best x

I wanted a vaginal breech birth but unfortunately the option wasn't there for me in such a small town. So I had a planned c sect. In saying that, my OB has cleared me to attempt a VBAC provided I meet a couple of her conditions which are simple enough, head down position, two years wait between bubs to allow to my scar to heal as much as possible and lastly (and the most amusing) head circumference less than a certain amount. My daughter has her daddy's head, a bit on the large size lol

I had a vaginal breech birth. It was the most empowering experience. He was my 4th vaginal delivery, my girls were all head down. It was a slightly longer labour, but once my waters broke, he came out in 30 minutes. He was frank breech. My hospital inmformed me that breech deliveries were being practiced more often as a study had found them no greater risk than a c section. I did birth in a large teaching hospital though.
    i toyed with the idea of a section but it scared the crap out of me.
    theres a facebook australia and new Zealand breech birth page that has got some great support and info on it.
    Best of luck

It would depend on which breech position bubs was in but I'd lean towards vaginal birth for loads of reasons with a CS as a backup. If you choose a CS, there is no other backup and you may wonder if a vaginal birth would have worked. Xx

I had a vaginal breech for my first and so glad I was able to. I had to fight for it. I was in a major hospital with a home birth transfer as DS was too early. I had a small tear and didn't need stitches. There are so many reasons I'm glad I had a vaginal birth. Mostly because I didn't have to stay in hospital recovering after he died, but also because my uterus didn't have any scars for future pregnancies.

I rocked that birth

Vaginal breech.

I was not able to choose unless I went into spontaneous labour early. Then, due to the baby's position (which was supposedly bum engaged, but actually turned out wasn't) I was quite likely to need/want a cs anyway. Data seems to suggest outcomes for planned cs are better than emergency.
    I delayed the planned c-section three times to give me more time.

No hospital within half an hour of me offers planned vaginal breech delivery. They are not insured for it and refuse to take the risk. I should know, me and the midwife rang them all

I just wanted my baby to choose his own due date. And I didn't mind if I needed a CS as such, I just wanted to give the baby his own time to turn around. I was amazed by how many people said their baby turned at the very last minute and bam, they went into labour. I wanted that too.

I had an ECV yesterday. It didn't work - I was devastated...

I'm planning for a Vaginal Brčech Birth. She's frank breech. Good size for breech delivery.

I still speak to the OB on tuesday but I'm hoping thats what she supports also.

Good luck and I hope you get the birth you want.
    I had no choice with DD1 as she was a surprise footling breech - had I of been given the choice back then I would have chosen a CS based on all the info they give you but afterwards and being through what I did, I 100% support women having vaginal breech births.
    ALL births are risky in their own right, ALL births can go right or wrong - as long as you are educated, know the risks and know what YOU want then I can't see why you can't attempt it... just remember though should you have to have a CS there is nothing wrong with that either.

We are going for VBB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast