Thread: Why can't I stop crying?

Default Why can't I stop crying?

I am now 2 days overdue and so disappointed. Today I just can't stop crying. My ob told me I wouldn't go over due date and then at today's appt he said he didn't think I would go soon. I am booked in for an induction on Thursday which scares the hell out of me. I will only be 8 days over and I'm wondering if that will be too soon. It is because they don't do them on the weekend. I have read the article on BB and doesn't seem to give any positives to inductions just for being over due dates.

Then to top it all off my cat just jumped in the pram, which I don't want her to get used to doing....Well I nearly couldn't breathe I was crying so much!!!

Are I just hormonal? the tears are flowing so easily......

Awww, hugs to you sweety
    I can totally sympathise with the not being able to stop crying, even though I still have another 10 weeks to go... I'm fairly sure it's just the hormones ( I get sick of hearing that, but it's true)
    I'll just start crying at nothing in particular and then won't be able stop... DH thinks it's funny and chuckles as he's trying to cuddle / console me...
    Just relax (as much as you hate hearing that too!) Hoping it all starts for you real soon
    xxx

I am only in my first trimester but have had two boys. I know how you feel i was induced with DS 1 and i think that you need to go into the induction thinking positively. I did not want to be induced either but my bp was high and had no choice. Try walking,sex (which worked for ds2) curry, anything you can think of so that you don't think afterwards oh i should have tried that. I did !!!

Think positive and for those hormones yes that is probably a part of it but you were probably expecting to go into labour naturally so you are probably disapointed too. And sorry but your ob can not predict when you will go into labour mine told me that my ds was not even engaged fully and my waters broke that night and had him the next day. Also told me that my second DS would be much bigger then my first and he was smaller. So i would not read too much into what they say about not going into labour.

Hope this helps i will send you labour vibes.

Nikki

I feel for you too. I was induced 12 days past my EDD and on a weekend though so maybe if you ask them they could let you go to the Mon?? i was scheduled for induction on thurs and got a call wed night saying they had too many women go into labour to cope with an induction so they rescheduled for fri.....Fridays was also postponed for similar reasons. I was annoyed at the time as was very over been pg but didnt really want to be induced either. My induction wasnt a very good exp but thats not to say yours wont be. Stay positive. I am an emotional person in general but at the minute someone only has to look at me the wrong way so your not alone. I cried this morning cos DD wouldnt let me dress her she kept running off.

thanks everyone. I know I should be thinking positive thoughts, like there is only a week or so left. It is just scary at the moment. There is also pressure of everyone ringing saying are you still there etc etc. might have to stop answering the phone soon......

Definitely stop answering the phone How are you feeling today?
    I totally understand your disappointment at being overdue. Natalie was a week late and I cried on her due date - I just couldn't get happy, I was so disappointed.
    Don't worry about the cat. You can deal with it when bubs arrives - you'll find your groove!
    How about trying to keep yourself busy? I know everyone says to relax and look after yourself, but when you want that baby, relaxing is out of the question LOL!!! How about going for a walk, seeing a movie, going for coffee or a frappe or something? I even found walking around the shops by myself was better than sitting at home. Or cooking? Natalie was born at Christmas time and I found cooking biscuits and things for gifts kept me busy for a couple of days... Perhaps you could cook some meals to keep in the freezer for when bubs arrives?
    Sorry, I know none of these ideas are as good as having your baby just arrive, but hopefully you won't have to think about it for too much longer anyway!!! Also, pay no attention to your OB saying he doesn't reckon baby will arrive any time soon. What a ridiculous thing to say! You're overdue, of course baby is going to arrive soon!!! Take care, and looking forward to seeing your birth announcement

Thanks Amy. The crying has stopped, but I am still freaked out about being induced. Seriously considering putting it off until 12 days over due.I have been looking into natural therapies now. Might see about acupressure. I feel if I don't try everything I might look back and wish I had.

We are thinking of the movies today and going to the parents for dinner. Friends coming over etc. Cooking is a great idea. I tend to just eat all the yummy slices I make though!!!!!

Stillhoping, all the best hun. I hope you go into labour today! Follow your gut - if you are over being pg, worried about the risks of being overdue etc, then go ahead on Thursday. If you are scared of induction, really wanting a natural birth, worried that the intervention is more risky than being overdue etc, then cancel. Please think through what you really WANT to do, then call your ob to discuss it. Write down all your questions and thoughts so that you can remember what you want to say. Please don't go into the induction reluctantly. If you do it, be confident that for you and your situation it is the right thing. Induction can be the right thing for some people but not for others. Only you know which of these you are.

As for the crying, well yes, sorry to say but it IS hormones, and it is likely to last for quite a while after you give birth too! It is one of those things that happens. But if it is any consolation, many of us find that we go into labour not long after a melt down, so I hope this is true for you too. It really should be listed as one of the pre-labour signs!!

Best of luck to you, I hope you have a great labour and soon!

It really should be listed as one of the pre-labour signs!!
    So true!

On the morning I finally went into full labour with Lexie I ended up sitting on the floor in front of the fridge crying absolute buckets: a real hysterical crying snotty mess, just over the fact that we were running short on milk..........

Just keep busy sweets........you will look back on this time as such a special time.....

Another one here for whom it was a pre-labour sign!

I went into labour three hours after my baby shower finished. I struggled to hold it together through the afternoon and then when everyone had left I just started crying. My DH took me home, and I just sat on the couch and cried and cried - for no reason! Poor guy was very worried about me. I thought it was just because it was a big day. I perked up for about half an hour and then my waters broke, contractions starting soon after.

Hope it's not long for you til you're holding your bubba!

Sillhoping. I was like you. I was over my due date by two days and soooooooooooo disappointed. I was also booked in to be induced the next Thursday because they didn't do them on weekends.

After they had booked me in I cried about it all afternoon Guess what? That night I went in to labour and DS was born. I reckon the thought of being induced made my body go, "Oh no you're not...."

Hopefully you'll do the same. If not, my friend was induced and really didn't have a problem with it.

Oh thanks everyone. unfortunately it was not a pre labour sign for me - sigh!!! Had a CTG yesterday and midwife not overly happy with it but wouldn't tell us why. Baby slept for most of it. We have to go back again today and I wont be leaving till they tell me why they are concerned (if they are today). We are hoping we just had an overly cautious midwife. Does anyone know possible reasons why at CTG can be normal, but take a long time to be normal and then they are not totally happy with it.

thanks for all the replies, makes me feel so much better.

Babies are well known for unexpected appearances...cheeky monkeys. Hope you're feeling ok stillhoping...it'll all happen and when it does, I'm sure you'll forget about worrying about being overdue! Just try to relax and take it easy...enjoy the peace and quiet!

Don't worry about the CTG. They would have told you is something was really wrong.

About a week b4 Daniel was born I went 2 days where I felt absolutely no movement at all. I was usually able to press my belly and he'd kick me back. Nothing - not even in the car when he was most active.

I headed down to the hospital and they did a CTG - he was asleep. They couldn't wake him up. I'd roll this way and that and he'd stir, but he just decided that he couldn't be stuffed and kept on sleeping.

I wish he'd adopt that policy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!!