Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Foundation (Prep/Kinder) 2016 chatter

Default Re: Starting school in 2016

We have had one 1 hour session with me there, then we have two 2 hour sessions next week before the 15 hours start its kind of frustrating as ds is all excited to go and his sisters are at school and he keeps asking to stay all day. Trying to keep him occupied at home but at least swimming starts tomorrow.

Jazzy started on Thursday this is her in her Kinder shirt today she's so excited to be doing Kinder

ImageUploadedByBellyBelly.com.au1422916191.722360.jpg

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Just dropped DS2 off at kinder 0815-1045. They have only half the kids of group today other half tomorrow then same next 2 days, then we have nearly a month f slowly increasing hours!! Only 3.75 hr sessions anyway!!!!

DS2 was super excited and was off to play!! Yesterday for interview appt he wore kinder top and hat! so cute

We had our interview this morning, and start transition on Thursday. That is - just 3 hours and it gradually increases till he's doing 8:30-4 on Tuesdays and Thursday's.

He is going to be 1 tired boy!
    Tuesday - kinder 8:30-4
    Wednesday - child care
    Thursday - kinder 8:30-4, greek school 5-8pm

We had another 2 hr session today - but DS1 could hardly talk for 60 seconds about what he did ... is that normal?!?

Totally normal! I found I have to wait until we get home and ask leading questions rather than what did you do today, eg what was your favourite activity, can you name one friend you played with kind of thing otherwise it's nothing happened.

Thanks! Shall try in the morning

Miss A starts tomorrow morning. Two hours, two and a half, three, building up for the next few weeks until she's doing her full sessions. One "short" day and two long.

She's raring to go, and I'm excited for her that she'll finally be around other kids her age... But I'm so sad to see her go at the same time. What will I do without my little shadow? We went and bought a special first-day outfit today, she kept wanting to wear it so we compromised and its hanging on her door. I'll post photos tomorrow

Then there's the "Ianto's not here to hit all these milestones..." thing His teddy is in our family photo, though, and the teachers know about him. They're putting his name in the "My Family" part of Miss A's portfolio, they made sure to check that that was okay. That was wonderful of them

How are everyone's LOs finding preschool/kinder?

DS1 is loving it, but got a new "wife" on his second day, and has been playing mostly with her every day since. We're encouraging him to make more friends, rather than becoming too invested in just the one friendship (sorry, marriage).

He's well behaved mostly, loving exploring and learning new things, and won an award for being a "little gentleman".

He has been spoken to about sitting down during mat time, and letting others have a turn at sharing ... no surprises there. We've discussed with him about how some other boys and girls are shy, and might need some bigger quiet spaces to feel comfortable sharing, so while it's 100% ok for him to have a turn talking and sharing, he also needs to leave some big gaps for other people to feel comfortable to share. He seems to understand that , and wants those kids to feel comfortable, so hopefully that will help him to care for them in that way He's got a big and generous heart, he was a bit sad to think that other kids aren't always comfortable piping up with their thoughts. He wants to help

What about everyone else?

DS2 is having a great time and very happy to go. Found out today that 1 boy whom he had got to know well and we also got to see at school drop off and pick up has changed to other group so now means he won't see him as kinder sessions opposite to each other.
    Tomorrow they have an incursion to learn how to make Passata which he is very excited about, he doesn't normally go on Wednesdays however because of incursion I have managed to get a friend to look after him then take him to kinder.

Miss A is loving kinder Less than a month in, she's already got the hang of putting her bag up, washing her hands, and putting her water bottle with the others. Some days she hasn't even said goodbye to us! She's doing well at pick up too, no crying to stay etc.

I'm not completely sure how she's doing in the hours between, to be honest, but the only issues her teacher has mentioned is the whinging noise she makes when she doesn't get her way. That's a problem at home too, so we just need to work on it. I'm going to volunteer to help out during the day sometime in Term 2, I'll be able to see for myself then.

She has at least two budding friendships happening, and another little girl that I want her to start playing with (because her mum's really nice and I want to be friends with her ) R is outgoing and "weally fun!". S is one of the other younger kids, quiet, but has latched onto Miss A and the teachers are encouraging that friendship.

Default Re: Foundation (Prep/Kinder) 2016 chatter

Everyone ready?

Terrified. Excited. Wondering what I'm going to make her for lunch on her first day

My second daughter has started Prep this week. The public attends has no playground for the children to play on. The school opened last year and has 7 Prep classes. On orientation day, I did ask why there is no playground? Only to be told there's no funding however the school has two buildings under construction for a gym and senior children. The school is for P - Year 9 students. I am extremely disappointed. My first child who is grade 2 also attends the school.

Does anyone know if Victorian schools are required to have playgrounds at school? I have contacted the Department of Education to ask them this question but unfortunately I did not receive an answer straight away and waiting for a call back. Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks.

Default Re: Foundation (Prep/Kinder) 2016 chatter

My youngest started prep this year and is loving it, very happy with decision to start him at school aged 6 rather than 5 being a January baby.

We have just finished week one! We started Monday till 1pm and same Tuesday, Wednesday off and then Thursday was first full day.

Tricky dropping 2 kids in different grades and different buildings!!!

How is everyone else going????

Our oldest started prep - he likes it, but it will take a little while for him to understand this is the new norm, I think.

He's pretty cruisey about it all.

DS2 has started kinda as well, and is loving it. It's finally his, and not just him spending a little while there, when dropping off and picking up DS1

Girl-23 - I'm not sure, but you could contact the Department of Education, if you can't find an answer online Good luck.

All three of mine are at school now it's taking me a bit of getting used to as its so quiet! Except for Wednesday when he has the day off. He is loving it but extremely tired by the weekend.

I would think that they would need a safe play area? Our school has had a few big intakes of 120 so they have built an additional playground as well as classrooms.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567