Thread: WooHoo - Got in to preferred secondary school!!!

Default WooHoo - Got in to preferred secondary school!!!

So so excited and relieved. Today the offers for state secondary schools came home and DD got into our preferred school. I wasn't even going to apply as it is a sought ?fter girls only school and we are not in "the zone" for it. But we thought we may as well apply and I can't believe she got in. This year selection is strictly on distance from school to home so it was totally dependent on how many other people who live closer applied.
    DD is over the moon as she was not allowed to go to camp this year as her dad is Muslim and did not feel comfortable as boys were going. So she will be allowed to do all the normal school things as there are only girls. It is the best choice for our family and I can't believe she is in!
    Hope other people are happy with their offers.

Default Re: WooHoo - Got in to preferred secondary school!!!

Congratulations!

Awesome news. Its such a relief to find out you kids got into your preferred school. My DD also got in 2 years ago (she is now in year 8). We had limited options if she didn't get in where we wanted her to go. Unfortunately it does not mean her siblings will get in when they are ready.

Great news, if is the one I think it is - I have been there a couple of times with ABA for a session with year 10 on health studies etc. - I was very impressed with the girls and teacher on those sessions, some of the parents I went with were previous students too and they all raved about it.

That's great news!

That's fabulous news!

That's fantastic for you and your DD! My DD got into the school we wanted her to go too (selective boarding school - DS1 also goes there) so we are very happy.