Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas sewing.....

Default Christmas sewing.....

Thought I would start a list for anyone who is interested in keeping each other motivated to get Christmas sewing done! My list isn't that huge, but I need to do it between work and end of year concerts I am sorting for school so I need to start early!

My list for November at the moment is.....

A felt advent calendar (found a great one last night! Just need to buy some wool felt)
    Stockings for the kids - For both these and the calendar I am going with white, red and pale blue! Love that colour combo!! Think kikki-k's new Christmas colour theme!
    Wheat bag gifts
    Bags for friends

That is all for now! Anyone else wanna join me in a Christmas sew-up!!

Oooh yep! I went to Wagga last week and stocked up on fabric (bit over $100 later...and that was buying clearance fabric at no more than $8/metre! ).
    Hoping to make all Christmas pressies this year (except for DD, she's already all set!).

Bags for the ladies, and a bunch of fabric flowers.
    Phone/change holders for the men. They look pretty cool, felt on one side and printed cotton on the other and attach snaps to the corners so they snap together to form a little box.
    Fabric fridge magnets for DD and a friend's little boy.

I think I worked out I have 7 bags to make, 5 phone/change holders, 3 lots of flowers (12 flowers in total), and a patchwork bookmark for my nan. Plus a Christmas pinny for DD. I don't know if I'm being a bit too ambitious, but it's not November yet so I'm going to give it a good go! Lol

I would really like to make this Advent Calendar that I found but I don't know if I'm clever enough!! Still deciding if I should give it a try. A rotary cutter would be very handy. What one did you find Tanstar?

Oh my gosh Heaven that is GORGEOUS!! Love it! I have a rotary cutter but Im not that good at it haha! The one I found was THIS one, with different colours, and I might use a patterned fabric applique for the numbers instead of hand embroidery. Being felt it doesn't fray either so I wouldn't have to worry about the edges!

SS that is a long list but if you start early you will be fine plus I find that making more of one of things is good because the first one is like a prototype and the rest are easy and go fast!

im making stockings/sacks for the girls, yet to finish the first one

oohhh both those advent calenders are ace! .... might make one of those too

Oh I like that one too Tan!! Looks easier too, apart from the embroidery, lol, so might be more my style!

I'm joining!!!
    My current project im doing is my wedding crossstitch (not really a xmas one)
    but I am planning on make gifts again this year for people, I just havent decided what yet.
    Most likely will be paintings.
    but for when i really decide what i'm doing, Ill be using you girls for motivation!!

Oooo I like those advent calenders! I might have to do one for my DD too!

Ohhh I like the look of those advent calendars too.... I don't usually have one ata ll. So what's the point... like do I fill it at the start for the kids to take out on that day or do we fill it as the days go by & have a big stash at the end?

Fj. usually you count down towards Christmas, but your idea is cool too - save it all up for the day itself.

I want to do a table runner to MIL to have on the table and I'd like to try a tree skirt - not that we have a real tree, but they look really nice. I also have to try to finish off my decorations - little cross stitch stockings. But Uni is winding up at the end of the week so I should have time to get stuck into it all.

Thanks to Enchanted for this link - instead of an advent calendar I am doing THIS now. Totally super gorgeous, and we are going to steal ideas from that other thread and put things in it like, Go to the op shop and donate old toys etc. Yay can't wait to go to Spotlight and get some fabric - Im thinking of a red white and pale blue theme this year (did I say that already?!!)

Ohhh those calendars are great

i may just go to spotlight today and have a looksee.

and make the girls a nice dress to wear as well maybe.
    or make them a nice stocking...

I just want to sew im having withdrawls

So far my sewing jobs are a santa sack for each of the kids and I might even have a go at a simple advent calendars. My sister has made my kids the most amazing stocking but they don't hold much so they will be for their little stocking fillers and their new sacks for their presents.
    I'm trying to think how I want to decorate them. I'm not overly skilled so it needs to be nice but simple. I'm off to do some research.
    Oh I'm so excited. I haven't done any sewing for ages

Oh, I can't wait for exams to be over... I want my sewing machine out now!

I'm a good procrastinator (coz I should be studying right now instead of on BB!), so I don't know exactly what I'll acheive...

I brought the fabric the other day for MIL's table runner and I got placemat fabric too. They should look really good when I'm done. I'm hoping I can get started on Monday.

What size do you think I should make their sacks? I'm thinking a bit bigger than a pillow case. I want it big enough to hold their pressies but not too big that I have to fill it, IFYKIM.

I am thinking 800 x 500. With a draw string closure. Picture and their name on the front - what do you think??

Ooh, I'm in. My fabric pile is not getting any smaller so I need to start sewing something! I need some Christmas fabric though! I have been attempting to make a dress for myself, but its turned into an epic fail. Not only did I make it too big so it looks like a sack on me, I also sewed the top part inside out to the bottom skirt part...hahaha...needless to say that project has gotten shoved to the back of the cupboard.

I've got a stash of quilt squares that I'm using to make a quilt for DD. I pulled them out yesterday and am just trying to piece them together in a pretty order. It will be my first proper quilt and I hope to have it finished as a Christmas present for her.

Specifically for Christmas, I'm really loving all your advent calendar ideas so I'm going to give that a go and I think I will also attempt Santa sacks for the kids.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast