Thread: Help with setting myself up to sell what i'm making?

Default Help with setting myself up to sell what i'm making?

So you could say i'm quite nervous and this is a big step for me but i think i want to possibly try and sell what i've been sewing.

So far i have only a few items that i'm making, bibs, burp blankets & skirts but i possibly want to pursue this further and i'm wondering how i go about setting myself up to do so.

I've been thinking of a 'name' for myself and am unsure if i'm ok to just go ahead and start using it or do i need to go down any particular paths before i can do so? At this stage i'm thinking i'll just advertise amongst my family and friends on facebook.

Are there any do's or dont's?

I'm not ready for markets or anything like that, i'm in the very beginning stages. So far i've only ever given away what i've made as gifts.

Any help or advice from those who have been there and done it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ladies

Default Re: Help with setting myself up to sell what i'm making?

Make a facebook page, even if you don't go public yet, its a good place to keep a record of what you have made. Friends can like your page, and you can share on your personal page, but you also dont have to if you just want to put some products up without advertising to your friends.

good luck!

Default Re: Help with setting myself up to sell what i'm making?

Facebook is great. I turn over >$50k p/a and the only place I have pics is FB.
    The rest is word of mouth.
    Just make sure you take pics of everything you make and put them in your albums.
    Good luck!