Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good books you would never read again.

April Fools Day by Bryce Courtenay. I couldn't put it down but it was so heartbreaking I doubt I could read it again!

The City Of Light - Snow town murders...quite disturbing and just too close to home.

also my sisters keeper (Ithrew the book across the room in tears at the last page) and anything by the same author (have read most of them) whose name eludes me at this present moment!

I very rarely re-read books as once I know the story then I'd rather read something else. Generally I only re-read light, enjoyable fiction like Harry Potter.

I would never read any of the abuse books again, like A Child Called It and Sybil.

Lord of the Rings - a phenomenal read but NEVER again.
    And I read it well before the movies were made ... something I've always been a tad introvertly smug about

AndiE I take great pride in always reading the book first!

STARRYSKY you're thinking of Jodi Picoult. Love her work but once is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by grub17 View Post
    In cold Blood - truman capote - fantastic book. from a journalistic point of view, his research was amazing. but creepy and not really my thang.
    I love this book!! The film is good too

Thank you Rb! That is exactly who I mean, totally agree, once and never again!

i can read my sisters keeper again i love the ending of that better than the movie ending

im trying to think of ome i wont read again but i love to read books like that over and over im thinking of investing in a kindle

Default Re: Good books you would never read again.

Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Fantastic book, but wow, what a convoluted brick of a read.

For me everything I read. Because I will never read the same book twice when I have so many other books to read for the first time.

Good answer. Although I will admit to occasionally re-reading something by accident. I had one recently... I'm SURE I've read this book before, some bits of it were so, so familiar, like I'd seen it all before in my mind's eye, and I remember loving bits of it, like the ideas but also the author's delicious choice of words. I also remember the cover. But other bits of the story, I had no idea of, couldn't predict the ending, etc. I'm assuming I might've read it in my deep, deep sleep deprivation days and so it just didn't encode in my memory? Anyway it's a bit of woo-woo-woo (*mysterious music*) kind of thing, because it's about being plucked out of normal consciousness and into an alternate reality, and that's exactly how I felt while I was reading it. LOL

This Charming Man. Couldn't put it down (I love my chick lit) but damn. Never again.

The Light Between Oceans. For some ridiculous reason I read it when DD2 was tiny. The pain will never leave my heart.

I have read The Light Between Oceans and would probably read it again in a few years because I enjoy reading books I like (even if they made me cry at crazy hours in the morning, waking dh up lol).

Any book by Dostoevsky. They are all amazing, but oh my god, are they heavy to read. It always feels like a lifetime until I finish one of his books.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12