Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading right now? Come in and tell us

Just finished The Book Thief.

Ahhhhmazing. Will be on my top ten list for many years to come.

I have just downloaded The Help & Pawn of Prophecy. Thanks to you all for your recommendations

At the moment I am reading "Secret Lives" by Diane Chamberlain. It sounded promising but has failed miserably to live up to expectations. The story line has bugged from the start. It's turned out to be a bit too "mills & boon" for my liking. I'm not finished yet, but if the ending isn't what I expect it will be, I'll eat my kindle The only reason I'm still reading it is because it is the last available new book I have & I don't feel like re-reading anything.

I'm struggling with Fifty Shades of Grey, and am ready to give up ...

Next is "Smart Thinking" and it's a "guide to improving skills in analysis, critical thinking, and the effective communication of arguments and explanations"

Just finished The Innocent by David Baldacci and all I have left on the kindle is Fifty Shades of Grey. Can't say I'm all that inspired to start reading it after so many negative comments. I'm about to download George Faletti's latest, after I work out what its called! He writes thrillers that are a bit violent at times but a good read with some interesting twists.

Lulu - I know what you mean about other people's negative comments putting you off. I think it depends on who is saying it though. Maybe try to read it without expectations?

I have started reading "The Help". I'm up to chapter 5 & I'm hooked. Very well written, I found myself thinking in a southern us accent

I think I can safely say I have absolutely NO expectations

I keep forgetting about The Help each time I download a new book. I loved the movie and I'm sure the book is a million times better - as they almost always are!

I have a couple of books on the go (depending on my mood)....

Kathy Reichs Flash & Bones and The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. I'm finding the Nicholas Sparks one hard to get into ....

If you like the idea of 50 shades, I have been recommended a book called Bared to You by Sylvia Day. It's similar in context, the writing is supposed to heaps better!

I downloaded a sample of fifty shades and it didn't do much for me do I haven't bothered purchasing it. Just finished gravity by Tess Gerritsen for the second time and now to have a look through the pile of books mum left the other day....

Have got Absolute Power by David Baldacci waiting for me next on my ipad. Ooooh I should definitely get The Help too, thanks!

LuluHB have a go at fifty shades just to satisfy your curiosity! I read the first third, hated it and then struggled to finish because I thought it might get better. It didn't for me. But lots of people say the second and third books are better.

Quote Originally Posted by sangie View Post
    Have got Absolute Power by David Baldacci waiting for me next on my ipad. Ooooh I should definitely get The Help too, thanks!

LuluHB have a go at fifty shades just to satisfy your curiosity! I read the first third, hated it and then struggled to finish because I thought it might get better. It didn't for me. But lots of people say the second and third books are better.
    That's hilarious lovely. Reminds me of a line in a Billy Crystal movie- "here, try this and tell me if it tastes bad" Your variation is hey read this book. Its crap but read it!! ;-)

I hope you like the Baldacci book. I've read a few of his now and they're not earth shattering but usually a good read - I really enjoyed his latest one

i have just finished reading two good books by Kate Morton. The Shifiting Fog (also published as the House at the Riverton) and The Forgotten Garden. Both were good - basically about modern day people remembering or researching the past set in great houses in England (kinda like Downton Abbey).

Now I'm onto a PD James book called Death Comes to Pemberley - a "sequel" to Pride and Prejudice.

Haha Lulu! I just thought u should give it a go to satisfy your curiousity. But yeah I'm pretty much saying to read it even though it's crap! Will let u know on the baldacci book.

I just finished The Help. I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I didn't want to put it down

I have now started Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. So far finding it a bit hard to get into. It's early days though - only up to chapter 2!

Is "The Shifting Fog" worth reading Bloom? I saw that a few years ago & considered it but bought something else instead. Can you tell me a little more about it (without giving toomuch away )

Anyone even vaguely into running should read Born to run! Fantastic book- I couldn't put it down and read it in 2 days! Now reading something about 7 sisters- cant remember the name, slowish but good!

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
    LOVED IT

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I'm working through Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series - have most of them uploaded to the kindle in one file so slowly working through those.
    Sci-fi with a bit of fantasy tossed in.

I'm re-reading the Hunger Games series, almost finished Mockingjay again I'm trying to decide what to read next...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast