Thread: Biscuit base crumbling???

Question Biscuit base crumbling???

I make this really yummy slice which is almost perfect except for the fact that I find that usually around half of the biscuit base crumbles once it has been cut. Any suggestions as to why this might be or a way to improve it? All it is is biscuit crumbs and melted butter.

TIA.

I'd say more butter, if its baked then maybe try a sweeter biscuit as the sugar content will help to harden the base.

I would add more melted butter and pack it down really hard with the back of a spoon and make sure it is refrigerated for at least an hour before adding filling. Sometimes I put so much melted butter in that when I pack it down, a little of the butter squeezes out. Mmmm, you've just made me sooo hungry.

I'd say more butter, if its baked then maybe try a sweeter biscuit as the sugar content will help to harden the base.
    I agree. I make my cheesecake base with 250g Nice biscuits and 170g butter. (Real butter BTW.....I have found that if I use spread, it is too damp and crumbly......)

Thanks so much guys! I think I may have discovered a couple of reasons why it isnt working based on your replies. Firstly I use milk arrowroot biscuits so I think I will try Nice or something similar next time which has more sugar and will keep adding more butter too.

Ditto to adding more butter!

Oooh yeah & what's the slice? If it's really yummy & almost perfect I think you should share