Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Slushy Cups?

Default Has anyone tried Slushy Cups?

Has anyone tried any of the slushy cups? There's a few around and they vary in price. There's one at Big W called Chill Factor for $14 and the Zoku cups that cost $30-$40. If you have tried any which ones have you tried, were they any good and can young kids use them? TIA.

Default Has anyone tried Slushy Cups?

We've had a couple of different ones & the kids love them. The first lot had an inner cup that you pre froze & then you tip the drink in & stir like crazy. They took a while to slushy over because the liquid next to the side of the cup would freeze & slow the cold-transmission.

The new ones are better. (Slushy magic). They have big ice cube shaped things which you freeze, and lids so you can shake instead of stirring. They seem to slushy faster than the old ones did. Works best if the cubes are kept in the deep freeze & you add cold drink to start with, but even then it's not as solid as a machine slushy.

I love the look of those instant icy pole makers but that's a different thread I think.
    Last edited by AnyDream; December 7th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Has anyone tried Slushy Cups?

I just googled the Zoku one and IMO the stirring part will be the same design flaw as the first lot we had. Happy to hear someone tell me otherwise if they have one of them!

Yes the Zoku ones look nice & I think they are popular but they are twice the price and you stir the drink. The ones at Big W (Chill Factor) you squeeze! I have no idea how well that would work. I have also seen the Magic Slushy Maker with the ice cubes. At what age could your kids use the Magic Slushy?

They've had them for a year but dd2 had the other one from toddlerhood - she just needed help with the stirring

We always had the first type MD mentioned (don't think there was any other option growin up though )

We loved them as kids. It mad true drink last loner because we would scrape down the sides that had frozen and mix through.

Id be interested to hear about experiences with other types too.

I have the zuko and it's good. The cup is very thick and it does not take much stirring at all to make a slushie. Remember though you get the best results from drinks that contain sugar, artificially sweetened or no sugar containing fluids may take a long time or not freeze at all.

I have the Big W ones, but sorry can't recommend them as yet as they going into Santa sacks. Big W did have 2 varieties for a similar price and another lady actually recommended the one I was going to get anyway as opposed to the other.

I got the slushy magic one with the ice cube.

You shake it.

Its ok but annoying trying to fish out the huge ice cubes

I didn't know that Big W had two varieties. I've only seen the squeezy one. I'd love to know what that one is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I didn't know that Big W had two varieties. I've only seen the squeezy one. I'd love to know what that one is like.
    The squeeze one is the new one. The other option is the one mentioned above with the ice cubes that you put in and shake. We have that one too, DS loves it.

Thanks for the clarification No.5. Which cup did you get Astrolady?

Could a 5, 6 and 7 year old use any of the cups?

No problem. The one with the ice cubes you have to shake pretty well for it to work and you can only do one drink with the ice cubes before they'd need refreezing which is a PITA. Haven't tried the squeeze one though, getting it for DS's stocking though.

I got the squeeze variety not the shake one.

Just bumping this thread.
    We got the squeeze one from Big W & I can't seem to make a slushy from cordial.
    What am I do wrong, I'm waiting till it's frozen but I can only get it to go really cold.
    It works fine for soft drinks.....

Is your cordial from the fridge or at room temp?

I tried fridge & room temp.
    It's not diet cordial either.

Does it contain more sugar than the fizz? The higher the sugar content of the liquid, the harder it will be to freeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast