Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loon ... I mean loom bands

Default Re: Loon ... I mean loom bands

Found you can get kindle books which have nice written instructions in them. Now I am going to attempt to write my own instructions in the same format.

I am still a bit obsessed here - have done more of my own designs and my latest project is a nativity set made of loom bands - tutorials are by PG's loomacy - his have a combination of written and videos which I like. Have made 3 characters so far I think there are 15 in total.

I haven't done looming in ages but now Christmas is coming up I might make.a few charms for DD school friends.

Charms as gifts are a great idea, I have done a few extra fairies and include in birthday gifts. DS has a massive collection now he loves because can take in bath. I made the fairy wings from the UV bands so they change color in sunlight and they find that fascinating (the genuine loom bands seem to last longer though, baths and sunlight do seem to degrade some). My favorite sites are izzalicious Designs and Marloomz creations).

We go camping for Christmas so am going to make some decorations as they are nice and light and durabl.

i am thinking of making some christmas themed ones and getting DD to make some long bands to use as ribbon/decoration on christmas presents for family. something a little different.

Really good ideas!
    The real loom bands have dropped heaps in price so I'll be fixing DD1s supply up with the real ones & was thinking I might buy her (us) the monster tail loom for Christmas

I got DD2 the monster tail loom for her birthday. She really likes it - so much easier to use it to make some styles of bracelet.

That's good to know Tril.
    I'll make sure I get her one then.

My nativity set creation is going ok a bit slow - have now added Camel, Angel and Star.

You'll have to post a pic

Wow that looks fantastic!!

I need to get on with the nativity - I had to make a Frozen set (Anna, Elsa and Olaf) for a gift and a Rapunzel for another gift. DS has become superhero obsessed and has a list as long as my arm of characters he wants me to make. I don't mind, is fun and cheap way to get superheroes and he plays them in teams with his fairies - he has even started matching them up Tinkerbell with Ironman because they both make things, Thor and Iridessa because both can control light.

Your really getting into, do you use the original looms only?
    I need to buy some more, DD1 has gotten back into lately, so thinking the monster tail & original looms as a little stocking stuffer present for her.

I have the monster tail and two of the original - I don't use the two looms together that often but do use the monster tail a fair bit. I also do a few bits on hook only. I never got into crochet but for some reason this has taken my fancy, maybe because changing yarn in crochet seems painful but using different loom bands isn't. Also thinking up your own crochet patterns is much harder, and is partly the challenge of my own designs I like.

So I think a monster and an original would be great stocking stuffers.

I need to chat to you to get some links to the designs you use for the Christmas stuff. Ds wants help to make some Christmassy things to share with people

PG Loomacy is the site for the nativity (look it up on You Tube and he has a playlist for the nativity characters) - Izzalicious designs has a Christmas playlist too. I also saw one for a pencil covering to make it look like a candy cane which I thought was cute - which was CraftLife. Often to do a whole design is beyond DD but she picks the design and the colors and does some of the bits.

Picked up a load of genuine loom bands for $1 a bag and an extra loom (genuine) for $4 from a toystore near work!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12