Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orthodontist - no adult teeth

Default Re: Orthodontist - no adult teeth

Good luck.

Called the above orthodontist up. I will need to go to perth for the initial consultation & to have the braces fitted. All adjustments can be done when they come down this way. Still a 4 hour round trip, but can be done in a day! And they're taking new patients!

They've also given me a number to call for financial assistance given that I'm both remote & on a pension. So I'll contact them tomorrow & find out exactly what they offer & get the forms sent out.

Feeling much better now

Awesome.
    I really hope you can make this all work out and still get your house.
    You are a great mum, and a very inspiring person.
    One day, it's all a going to come together for you, I really believe that.
    Xx

Hi Clover.
    Just came across your thread, sorry for my late contribution. My brother and sister (43 & 37 years old respectively) still have some baby teeth (they have many absent adult teeth). When my nieces were born they had some tests done and it turns out they have a condition called Ectodermal dysplasia which affects their teeth, hair and nails. Our guess is that my brother & sister have same, though as far as I know they haven't been tested.
    I'd recommend getting some testing done in case your DD has a syndrome or condition that explains the lack of adult teeth. Reason being, back in my brother & sister's childhood there really wasn't much my parents could do for them (other than fork out for braces), and now my sister is looking into implants, bridges etc & its all very complex and exceptionally expensive. My niece on the other hand was covered by Medicare for her paediatric dental/orthodontic needs because of the syndrome. (The only affect on hair & nails is that they've a fair bit of frizz and their nails can have ridges - no big deal! But teeth are a big deal, and are always so expensive to do anything about.) She has had braces and they were covered.
    I hope you get some answers and some assistance for your DD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123