Thread: When to worry when it comes to vomiting?

Default When to worry when it comes to vomiting?

Dd2 who is 5yrs, went down with a vomiting bug on Wednesday night, her last vomit was this morning.

Dd1 who is 7yrs, has come down with it this afternoon. Thing is she hasn't stopped vomiting for the last 4hrs.. I just gave her some nausea mess in hope it gives her some reprieve as she's only bringing up bile, which worries me a fair bit, just the amount she's brought up tonight has been pretty big.

So my question is what am I looking for in case of a hospital visit? It's been too long between these bugs I think
    Tah

Default Re: When to worry when it comes to vomiting?

Quote Originally Posted by beansbeans! View Post
    Dd2 who is 5yrs, went down with a vomiting bug on Wednesday night, her last vomit was this morning.

Dd1 who is 7yrs, has come down with it this afternoon. Thing is she hasn't stopped vomiting for the last 4hrs.. I just gave her some nausea mess in hope it gives her some reprieve as she's only bringing up bile, which worries me a fair bit, just the amount she's brought up tonight has been pretty big.

So my question is what am I looking for in case of a hospital visit? It's been too long between these bugs I think
    Tah
    Not sure with the kids specifically but if she isn't keeping water down, she could become dehydrated which is bad. I've ended up in hospital overnight on a drip to fix the dehydration. Took three bags of saline solution. I went to hospital after vomiting every half hour for the best part of a day. I couldn't even keep water down.

Hope everything is okay. Can you call national home dr service. They are bulk billed under medicare and come to your home. Haven't used them but heard they are great.

Thanks Foss!
    At the moment she can't keep anything down, water included. The nausea pill seems to have worked for now in that she's been asleep for 2hrs.
    I hadn't thought of the home national Dr service, I'm going to google to see if we have that option here, thank you

I just checked and the national home Dr service doesn't cover our area, of course. Darnit

Quote Originally Posted by beansbeans! View Post
    I just checked and the national home Dr service doesn't cover our area, of course. Darnit
    That's a shame! How did you go through the night? Seems good that she slept for a couple of hours. Hopefully she is over the worst of it

Hey Foss, she was up a fair few times during the night, sick on and off.
    I'm really hoping she's over it, next in line is dd3.. I'm looking forward to that at all

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Poor little thing

Poor little poppet and poor mum. Sending virtual hugs, shoulder to lean on etc

How is everything going beans?

Hey Foss, sorry I haven't got back to you before now..
    Dd perked up after a couple of days, but a week later I'm still not over it!
    Thanks for checking though

That's good about dd but not good for you. I have a husband, 18mth old dd and 4 mth old ds with a flu and I'm trying my hardest not to get infected. Hopefully you get better soon

Oh gosh! It's so hard to avoid too!!! I wish you much good luck!!!
    And thank you xo