Thread: Advice for friend re bullying

Default Advice for friend re bullying

My friends son9 was punched twice in the face and once in the stomach by a new boy to the school. This new boy has some issues, been expelled from a few schools, yesterday slapped a teacher across the face. I encouraged her to speak to the principal who told her he will be getting a detention. Now I know the school's policy, if you punch someone you get an immediate suspension but it is not being applied for this child. She was also told the Department have been informed. Her son is now too scared to go to school, what else could she do? TIA.

Regards,
    Dianne

contact the police. the school has a moral obligation to deal with this sort of behaviour, but if they wont, the police should.
    little turd, hope your friend's son is ok xo

I agree - contact the police. It's assault.

I agree, the school has deviated from their policy in their discipline of the bully but what is the school doing to protect your friend's child? Sounds like nothing to me

Someone else did mention the police but wasn't sure if this could actually be done considering he is a child.

Regards,
    Dianne

I would actualley first suggest she contacts the Department of education to get some advice from them. If it is the schools policy to suspend for that type of behaviour then he should be suspended- i am suprised that he hasn't already been suspended for hitting a teacher. She really needs to talk to the principal about the fact that she doesn't think it is fair the boy has been only given a detention and not been suspended, and like I said contact the department, and just get some more advice from them.

Because of previous behaviour the boy isn't allowed outside at recess and lunch so for him to have a lunchtime detention won't even sink in because he isn't allowed outside anyway.

Regards,
    Dianne

If the school's not following their own policy in regards to this new student - I wonder what the deal with him is? You said he's been expelled form school before, perhaps there's a bad problem at home, and the Education Dept are trying a new tactic to calm him down? Might be an idea to just ask the question. Although it should certainly not be happening at the expense of other students, the other students need to see that they are being protected.

I've got a school council meeting coming up soon, I will bring it up there and see what is said.

Regards,
    Dianne