Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD5 had her pants pulled down.

Default Re: DD5 had her pants pulled down.

I'd be pressing to meet with the teacher about it. And i would be inclined to approach the admin desk and ask to speak to the prinicipal re: the correct procedures for such incidents and why they were not followed (which it sounds like they were not).

How did you go Dianne?

Not good, I approached the teacher and she told me that DD's pants were tugged at and not pulled down. I told her that DD told me everyone saw her underwear, so to me that indicates they were pulled down far enough. She also told me that if they were pulled down she would have contacted me. I said to her that if it warranted speaking to the boys mothers I should have also been notified. The principal was not in today so I'll be going in tomorrow morning and letting her know of my concerns. I've totally had it with this school, I rang another school which is just up the road, will be making an appointment to have DD enrolled next year.

Regards,
    Dianne

Definitely chat to the principal if you feel the teacher hasn't addressed your concerns or responded to the incident appropriately.

I will admit I feel less outraged now I know it was her outer pants. I interpreted pants to mean knickers, which IMO would be more serious & warrant immediate contact. However it's still not ok to have heard about via another parent first, and there needs to be more communication around what response the school/teacher has taken in relation to the disrespect shown to your DD's personal space.

I'm so sorry for not explaining properly, her underwear was not pulled down just her outer pants.

Regards,
    Dianne

No don't apologise Dianne. You asked a fair question & even without my assumption It's worth talking about these sorts of situations & how they are handled at school. I know you have has problems in the past with bullying not being addressed the way you would like it, so it's pretty important IMO to keep talking and asking questions and getting clarification.

I think if your child felt violated and upset by what happened, then the matter should have been taken to you and spoken about. It's not as serious if you child wasn't totally exposed, but she was exposed and her personal space invaded, that's reason enough to talk to the teacher.

Sorry, but I don't think it's any less serious whether it was her underware that was exposed or her private parts.
    The fact is the behaviour is inappropriate and I would expect to be contacted.
    I send my children to school and expect that they will be safe and to me, this is certainly not safe nor appropriate behaviour.

GL

Thank you so much for your support ladies. I failed my DD12 and I've promised myself to not allow that to happen again, communication is the major factor missing from this school. I've spoken to the principal this morning, I asked for a copy of the incident report which there is none, so I asked her to have one written out for me and I will pick up a copy this afternoon. She did agree with me that I should have been advised so at least we agree on something.

Regards,
    Dianne

Good for you, Dianne. Well done for tackling this face-on.

Good on you for following up, I Sgree if she had to talk to the parents of the kids who did it then she should have spoken to you and filed a report.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12