Thread: DS is gettig picked on

Angry DS is gettig picked on

ok for a bit of background on my 10 year old DS he is wonderful and caring and smart...really smart and a bit strange(i mean that in the nicest possible way i love him even more for his quirkyness) He talks to himself alot and has a very vivid imagination.

He has had problems making friends but in the last 2 years has made a few but still doesnt have a besty, I always ask him about school and we have a great relationship where he knows he can tell me anything and he does.

So he tells me the other day he was dacked(pants pulled down) he said it was embarrasing and didnt think it would happen again. you guessed it he came home yesterday and said that 2 boys where repeatedly trying to dack him and these boys where ment to be his friends...he took this hard and said it hurt his feelings. I asked him what he would like me to do??
    does he want me to ring the school... no
    does he want me to talk to his teacher... no

I think he doesnt want me to do anything for the fear of making things worse?? i told him to talk quietly to his teacher(lovely lady very approachable and thinks the world of nathan) Im hoping that after the school holiday the boys may have forgotten about it
    OH and they are also picking on his chest, inverted pigen chest he has a sunken sternem(sp?) so it kinda looks like he has man boobs.

in a sad way ive kind of been waiting for this day because i remember the kids who where a bit different at school where always easy targets

Do I go talk to the teacher against his wishes?
    I dont want him to think im doing nothing but i dont want to risk our trusting relationship??

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    tia

Oh my heart breaks, maybe talk to the teacher and just ask her to keep an eye on it without speaking to them, and if they do it again she will be there to intervene ? Good luck

I really think that you need to talk to the school on this because it sounds like these boys are escalating their behaviour towards him and it need to be stopped now before it gets to the point where he is refusing to go to school and is visibly affected by it. You need not tell him that you've done it because he will probably only worry about it more. I think the school would appreciate you telling them about it now instead of later too. It might be easier to stop these boys now, instead of later. I hope it does stop soon for him though, poor little fella

I agree with Trillian, I think you should tell the school so they can get on top of this now. It is heartbreaking when your child is getting picked on, wishing you all the best .

Regards,
    Dianne

thanks I will ring the school now and see if I need to make an appointment or just go in

Good luck, let us know how you go.

Regards,
    Dianne

Poor little man. I hope the school takes some kind of action (no idea what though!)

Good definitely ring and speak to the school & the teacher involved. In my experience it is much better to nip the problem in the bud than to deal with it after it has escalated. It might be worth organising some sessions with your son and the school counsellor, so that they can work on some self-awareness regarding social behaviours that other kids might think "weird".

BTW your son sounds gorgeous and I'd bet my eye teeth he would get on like a house on fire with my DD who had very similar problems at her old school.

oh gosh... your poor little man

Do they do diary exercises at school for english? Perhaps you could suggest he write something in his diary, that way, he could tell her without actually telling her iykwim?

But if it were me... I would definately see the teacher. She will definately understand that what you share needs to be private, as you don't want your son to become more of a target. Perhaps she could then start implementing bullying strategies during her carpet routine, or what ever policy the school has in regards to this behaviour. Talk through it with her, make sure you know what is happening to help solve this problem, that way you can be sure your son with remain 100% anonomyous, and 100% safe.

Big hugs.. Hope things work out
    xx

Did you get into school? What did they say?

You know where I am