Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Police complaint made against DD12

Default Re: Official Police complaint made against DD12

It doesn't make sense. What were they going to charge your DD with??? Children can't be charged with bullying. It seems really strange that a constable has told you that someone is trying to get the police to charge your DD with bullying, especially as she would have been 10 at the time of the alleged incident.

Bullying Charges For Children Rejected By Commissioner

The Constable only mentioned charges as I was requesting a written report, the parents filed an official complaint but no further action is required. They may have had the intention of charging DD, I don't know, she turned 11 last year.

Regards,
    Dianne

Of all things I completely forgot we had a video of DD's party and the girl did dance, she also kicked over my dining room chair, had completely forgotten about that. The principal from primary school suggested for DD's file from seeing the Welfare Officer be sent across to the high school, so getting that organized and I have made another appointment with the Yr 7 coordinator to speak of some more concerns.

Regards,
    Dianne

I think you should seriously look into another school for her because she is going to subjected to this girl's bullying for the rest of her school life. Girls like this get worse as they get older. They get nastier and sneakier and considering she has her family right behind her supporting her, she's never going to stop. There is only so much the teachers and student welfare people can do in cases like that.

Do you think your DD can cope with constant bullying by her for the next 5 years? Really?

I am with Tinks talk to the school they either need to say no to this girl since it's out of their zone or you send your dd somewhere else. It's all this other girl knows with her mum supporting and encouraging the behaviour.

My husband went to a different high school due to extreme bullying in primary school - just as an aside, he's also been left almost sterile due to that bullying. He said high school was very lonely for him, since he couldn't walk to school with anyone or take the bus, and nobody wanted to come back to his house cos it was half hour away. If the girl that's causing all the trouble isn't in the zone for the high school, I'd really be pushing for her to be rejected as opposed to your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    I think you should seriously look into another school for her because she is going to subjected to this girl's bullying for the rest of her school life. Girls like this get worse as they get older. They get nastier and sneakier and considering she has her family right behind her supporting her, she's never going to stop. There is only so much the teachers and student welfare people can do in cases like that.

Do you think your DD can cope with constant bullying by her for the next 5 years? Really?
    I've already spoken to the Principal and the Constable about this exact issue. At the first sign of any kind of bullying charges will be layed, an AVO will be put in place and she will have to leave the school, not my daughter.

Regards,
    Dianne

You are doing everything correctly and doing exactly the right things to ensure the safety of your DD! Well Done! Make sure that you continue to follow everything up, most High Schools keep in touch with parents a lot more than they do in primary, so make sure that they alert you of any incidents! Make sure that they put it on your file that you must be told! Speak to the Year 7 co-ordinator and the welfare co-ordinator and make sure that they don't let your DD get lost in the system!
    I have everything crossed that this will be a good start for your DD and they will make sure that they pull this bully into line immediately! No second chances!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12