Thread: Special occasion cards: what do you do with them?

Default Special occasion cards: what do you do with them?

You know the ones... New baby cards, first birthday cards... I don't think I want to throw them out, I think maybe keep and display somehow?

So what have you done with them?

Any suggestions for me?

In a box, in the attic

I have most of the grils baby cards just in a shoe box, i really wanted to find like the old photo albums with the weird sticky covers, cut them in half so the cover was showing and the message inside.
    Mum kept all mine in a baby album.

You could get a hole punch, punch a hole in them all the 'bind' them with ribbon to make a card book?

I am putting them away for my kids when they are older, lots of other things too - drawings, photos and also trying to write about funny things that happen. You could also scrapbook them too.

I keep all that kind of stuff, my Mum kept all mine for me too. It does take up precious storage space but I can't get rid of sentimental things like that! I did hear of a website that binds them all up for you which is a good idea.

Bring them to the next BB meet, i can bring a hole punch & ribbon

My parents stuck all mine in scrapbooks :-)

Zoe's are in a big box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the binding idea!!

I'd like to do some sort of scrap book - mine are in a big scrap book, but I tried that with my engagement cards and the book ended up getting really fat and unworkable. Hmm

Might google that website...

I have put their new baby 'first' ones into their albums. The rest I have kept in a shoe box. One day I want to decorate their boxes for them and make them special keepsake boxes.

if you want to scrap book them, you may need to get a good quality photo album rather than a scrap book - the ones that expand as you add pages. they're designed to take more mass. any of the albums that are specifically designed for scrapbooking layouts should have this feature in them, as scrap book layouts are very rarely flat. But you may have to check that it's an expandable one before you start. i know i've got a couple that i intend doing this with - one is an exxy creative memories album i was given, one a cheaper kmart one i bought - and both have the ability to add a lot more pages - i just won't add as many pages as i CAN - to make room for the cards to go in there.

now if the poppet would let me do it all.... hmmmm....

Oooooh thanks BG! Ok now I know what to look for.

CM, thanks so much, that website is awesome. I am now tempted to send off a mass order for two first birthdays, two new arrivals, one wedding and one engagement!

And then do some for my niece and nephew as a surprise for my sister!!

If only it wasn't going to break the bank!

So, off to look at the alternative scrap book/photo album idea that BG has suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    I have most of the grils baby cards just in a shoe box, i really wanted to find like the old photo albums with the weird sticky covers, cut them in half so the cover was showing and the message inside.
    stay away from those kinds of albums hun - they're full of nasty chemicals that degrade the paper/card and make it go yellow and yukky. if you want to do something like that, get a decent quality scrapping album (acid free) and put them in an album using some double sided tape or photo corners. much better way to preserve them for the future

Probably not quite what you are after OP but this thread just inspired me to create a mobile with DS's baby cards - so thanks for starting this thread and giving me the idea.

Does anyone know what website does the binding of new-baby cards into a book? thank you!