Thread: Useful scrapbooking tools

Default Useful scrapbooking tools

I'm new to scrapbooking and for christmas was given a spotlight voucher to spend on scrapbooking. I was thinking of using it to buy some tools that I probably wouldn't otherwise. I have the basics (rotary cutter, cutting mat, tape runner, round hole punch). What other tools do you find useful?

Anyone?

Different sorts of punches, you can get basic shapes as well as ones like butterflies, cats, dogs, fancy patterns. They are good for punching out for embellishments or fancy borders. Oh, you can also get patterned scissors. The blades are a certain pattern which creates nice edges on your paper. Journalling pens are good to have. An eyelet tool is good as well.

I loved my making memories hole punch set oh and my straight line cutter

Glue, double sided tape (make sure you get the acid free ones), i also use my different patterned scissors alot and also a blade cutter (kinda like a pen shaped thing that has blades in the end)... this one i find a must.

scalpel and metal ruler
    large paper trimmer
    cardstock, cardstock and more cardstock
    dual ended embossing tool (I rarely emboss, but it's fantastic for fiddly rub-ons cos those stupid paddlepop sticks suck)
    ummm oh an anywhere punch with various sized heads....cos you don't always want a hole in the vicinity of the page edge
    small hammer
    pens for doodling and journalling

Cutting mat and circle cutters. I like the Creative Memories custom cutting system the best.

Corner rounder!! You can also get fancy ones.

A 12 inch straight cutter. Make sure you get one 12 inch or longer so you can cut paper to fit your pages.

Then of course, you need sharp scissors, glue, stickers etc