Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry Ripe Balls

Quote Originally Posted by ~*MrsS*~ View Post
    ZF I had to have an emergency glucose test yesterday as I keep passing out and feeling exactly the same as I did with DD1 when I had gestational diabetes I get the results todaybut I think I already know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hun.. hopefully it's not that and it's just that growing 2 lil bubs is taking it's toll... hope you get the all clear and can enjoy some yummy things like this

Well you've converted another household Tellytubby. We made them (I supervised, DD added everything to the processor and mixed, DH rolled them and DD rolled in coconut) today...a huge hit

i went to make these today! but realized i didnt have a food processor, been pigging out on cherry ripes all arvo tho! yummm

HUGE HIT with the peppermint crisp balls, i half dipped them in milk chocolate.. couldn't find red or green sprinkles so DD1 used 100's and 1000's.
    She helped with EVERY part even rolling

Sarah87 you can still make them without a food processor... just put everything in a bag and attack it with a rolling pin

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    Sarah87 you can still make them without a food processor... just put everything in a bag and attack it with a rolling pin
    didnt think of that! oh well off to buy more later then!!! (the brains clearly not switched on lately)

Hmmm...think I need to make these today!

So tempted to go buy more stuff, make 1 batch cherry ripe and 1 peppermint or crunchie... ohhh the options are endless

Oh crunchie!!!!!!! I didn't think of that.........

I'm buying more stuff tonight too

Just made mine....I don't have a food processor, just a KA and a blender. Used the blender.......um......whoops. Probably shouldn't have done that............smoke everywhere. Maybe I should ask Santa for a new one?

They taste great anyhow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PacRakMG View Post
    Just made mine....I don't have a food processor, just a KA and a blender. Used the blender.......um......whoops. Probably shouldn't have done that............smoke everywhere. Maybe I should ask Santa for a new one?

They taste great anyhow!!!!
    I used my barmix LOL, I think I killed mine too

I killed my last blender trying to blend biscuits. And one time when I had a new mortar and pestle, I broke the biscuits that way (nb: not time efficient).

I think the trick is not to do too many at a time. I killed the last blender putting the whole packet in.

But yeah - a couple of ziplock bags (because I always break at least one bag corner) and a rolling pin or tin of something works well.

Oh gosh ladies! I hope Santa brings you all a new blender! Haha!! Worth it tho, right??
    Zara I was thinking about the sprinkles, then had an idea! You can COLOUR the coconut with food colouring! Red and green, for christmas theme. Totally what I'm planning on doing anyway! I need to try them with the peppermint! They sound delish!
    I am a bit scared to brave the supermarkets tho... ahhh!!

Nelle - I used a freezer bag a first because I'd run out of ziplock bags & it split because it's so thin LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tellytubby View Post
    Oh gosh ladies! I hope Santa brings you all a new blender! Haha!! Worth it tho, right??
    Zara I was thinking about the sprinkles, then had an idea! You can COLOUR the coconut with food colouring! Red and green, for christmas theme. Totally what I'm planning on doing anyway! I need to try them with the peppermint! They sound delish!
    I am a bit scared to brave the supermarkets tho... ahhh!!
    Yep I'm going to attempt to colour the coconut tomorrow - I couldnt find red and green sprinkles yesterday. And if the shops today are anything to go by, tomorrow is going to be dreadful.....

**licks my lips** ... def gonna have to make these!

Thanks!

Ok ladies, they are ALL GONE.. i made them YESTERDAY.. DD1 helped herself today and ate an entire small container in her room (i had them in 3 containers) DP and i have had some and now picking during the day and then DD1 steals the rest AGAIN.. OMG parenting fail but FOOD GENIUS... now i'm debating if i buy more peppermint crisp tomorrow and make some more for tomorrow nights dinner with DP's family.. maybe 3 PC bars and 2 cherry ripes????

I just finished making my first batch - I can proudly say they are all still on the plate setting in the fridge!!

DH loves the turkish delight bars so Im thinking I might make some with them in it for him :-)

How many balls does it make per batch? I'm making two tomorrow, one cherry ripe and one peppermint. TIA

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast