Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas menu ideas 2012

We've changed the menu for Christmas Eve, as it's supposed to be hot. We're going to have cheese and nibblies, then a BBQ, followed by berry and ricotta parfait. I've already made the berry sauce and about to make the ricotta sauce. I've also made the chocolate sauce for the profiteroles on Xmas day. I added a big splurge of Cointreu and it tastes great I'm umming and ahhing about stuffing them with orange custard or something else. I think orange custard would be great with the sauce.

the only downer is we don't have parfait glasses or spoons. I really don't want to have to go back out to the shops, so I'll just have to improvise.

You could try champagne or wine glasses instead.

Default Christmas menu ideas 2012

Well, I'm doing turkey (the Jamie Oliver one with mandarines inside it), roast veg, ham, green beans with almonds, cauli and cheese, and lemon meringue ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowellen View Post
    You could try champagne or wine glasses instead.
    I put it in red wine glasses and they looked fantastic. layers of berries and ricotta. So yummy too.

I left researching cooking the turkey a bit late. I'm using Pioneer Woman's recipes. So I ended up making a brine to soak it in overnight. Then I decided to make some corn bread to use for stuffing. It's delicious on its own, but I'll mix it up with herbs and chicken stock tomorrow. I should probably make the pancake mixture tonight for tomorrow morning but I'm too tired.

Sounds devine. Did you take a pic of that dessert, L&B?

PS I love how you found time to update us in here even though you are tired lol, it's great that you are thinking of us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123