Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How prepared are you for Xmas?

Default Re: How prepared are you for Xmas?

ONE WEEK TO GO, PEOPLE!!

Got a massive lot done yesterday, but none of it was Christmas-related!

I picked up the last stuff I need to get present-wise today. DH just needs to go and get himself something. I havent wrapped anything yet though (hoping to start tonight). Food wise we haven't even decided what we will be eating. Usually we've done most of the food shopping by now (we usually buy bits and pieces of non-perishable items over the month or two prior to Christmas.

I have no idea how prepared I am, I am that unprepared. This is a fairly usual state of affairs for us though. I have had to work extra day and hours this week so had no time to think. Have to find any bits and pieces have accumulated, wrap if they are to be from people or put in pillowcase if from Santa and pack as going away for week on Friday (I have no time to do it though). Is family tradition to discover some meant to be Christmas gifts sometime around Easter that got forgotten about and I think will achieve that without trying again this year :-). I do like Christmas, but only our kind of Christmas which involves no shopping, no real planning and doing most thinking about it on Christmas Eve. I used to shop with my Dad on Christmas Eve for presents as a kid, so my method is probably tied to those memories.

Im getting new running shoes and a new bag from the kids, but the catch is I need to go to the city to get them! So Ill be doing that on the 23rd. at least thats better than xmas eve, right?

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I need ideas on what to put in the Xmas stocking!!! It's about as wide as a DVD case. Don't really wanna fill full of lollies and has a sack full of cars. any suggestions??

Not very. It really snuck up and now I'm staring at 6 days of DP working 12hrs and so mugh to do lol. At least it is fun.

Still not organised my kids and I are still sick. We have a staff BBQ tomorrow and not ready for that either! I need to go get dd2 a couple of little things but at night time when I can go kid free I have no energy.

All organised here! Presents are wrapped, apart from a couple that DH decided to buy last night! Oh, and another couple that he has put away somewhere and cant remember where, need to find them! Food is pretty much done, pudding is on its final boil today, so will be ready to be wrapped and put in the fridge for next week! Monday I pick up my pork from the butcher....on the weekend we are off to the market in Forest Hill to get our fruit and veg for Xmas Day! Just need to pick up a few last minute items, like bon bons, and then its all systems go!
    Now just to get the house cleaned and ready!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234