Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How prepared are you for Xmas?

I'm organised, but I haven't done anything for Christmas yet - I just prefer to leave it until later. We simply do not have the space to store extra food for too long and it's a PITA to hide presents so I just leave it. I actually really like shopping in the last week or so before Christmas, it's probably the one time of the year you can shop and people seem happy kwim?

Default How prepared are you for Xmas?

Absolutely nothing

You've got bigger fish to fry between now and then PZ

this year, I like to think i am organised. I have most of the pressies bought, and those that aren't I know what I am getting them.
    But we actually dont know where we are spending xmas this year...waiting on my brother to get his roster to know if/how far he can travel. Im hoping to be away so I dont actually have to cook etc.. beacuse I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

I actually really like shopping in the last week or so before Christmas, it's probably the one time of the year you can shop and people seem happy kwim?
    I wanna shop where you shop! The pre Christmas grumps seem to have kicked in for heaps of people already down here! We had a massive shop yesterday. We're waiting on the checkout and one beside us opened. We were next but I said to the older couple behind us to jump in ahead of us. Both our checkout operator and the one that opened, plus the older couple we ushered through said it was very unusual for anyone to let others in at this time of year. And it gets worse the closer it gets to Christmas. Car park rage, lack of common courtesy. It's depressing really! Give me smiling people and I might not loathe shopping so much lol

People around here seem to get a bit hysterical around Christmas too although they're not as agro as people in Westfield Parramatta. That place is utterly horrid in the week before Christmas. In the little town by the sea that we escape to everyone seems really happy so I suspect that in the less crowded places people are happier shopping in the lead up to Christmas.
    Last edited by Phteven; November 25th, 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm a little bit organised with my kids' presents this year and have a few ideas for other presents for people. No tree up or anything though or baking. I've been searching around for things to make for christmas parties, etc and really looking forward to all the baking.

Don't have to worry about food as we're away this year.

Presents mostly all bought and wrapped. Only two that aren't organised, one of which is persuading DH what we are going to get DD, the other is BIL, but my sis has been away for work for 4 months (3 weeks to go) and has been flat out so not available to discuss. Think he will be easy though.

Tree will go up next weekend.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Default Re: How prepared are you for Xmas?

all done for the kids but adults are a different story. I know what to get sis Its just where to get it and Dh no idea.as usual.

the grumps have set in up here too.

Done nada - about to start a few shopping lists but not too worried, will get done like it always does at the last minute!

Nothing done yet... It's the last thing on my mind considering I'm due with my first child on Christmas Day

I hear you shazza! I'm due on the 27th and if I didn't already have an almost 6 year old, Christmas would be on ice this year!

Lucky for me I have a wonderful older brother who is organising Christmas lunch for the family at my place so I can be comfortable.

I'm sure I'll become more organised when I finish work at the end of this week.

I haven't done much. I've written a list for what needs to be done. We've put the tree up already because the kids wanted it up. I've bought a couple of presents for my niece & nephews but only because I also had to get my niece's birthday present which has to be sent in the next couple of days so I got the xmas presents as well to save on postage.

Have picked up a few presents for the kids. That is all.

Feeling a bit stressed now...

So who's shopping online or buying from a shop??

Most of mine is store shopping. My Dad is the exception as his isn't available in the shops (he wants 1920's photos).

I always think I will be organised enough to do online but then leave it too late, probably because I secretly love taking my time one day near Christmas with my list and strolling around humming carols while I shop!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast