Thread: Your best gingerbread or shortbread recipes

Default Your best gingerbread or shortbread recipes

I'm thinking of making little goody baskets. I'm wanting to include some sort of biscuit but don't have time to try out recipes. Does anyone have a great gingerbread or shortbread recipe they want to share?

My fav is one from taste - search gingerbread man and the picture is two gingerbread men with red and green smarties with the same colour icing

Quote Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
    My fav is one from taste - search gingerbread man and the picture is two gingerbread men with red and green smarties with the same colour icing
    They look good. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post

Yep, this is the best recipe I have found I think. I love it! (Have a triple batch sitting on my bench as we speak waiting to be iced )
    If you like softer gingerbread(men) then leave them in for 6 minutes, not as long as the recipe suggests, and double the time in the fridge.

My absolute favourite is from martha stewart (yeah I know, I know) but Ive used her recipe for years now and everyone just loves them to pieces.

The trick with gingerbread if you like it really gingery you need to add pepper - sounds crazy but we just did a batch that is the best gingerbread ever!

This is going to sound strange but we don't have any ginger in the house, we have nutmeg & cinnamon aswell as mixed spice.... would any of these flavors go ok instead?

You will get a nice fragrant biscuit but it won't have that gingery edge. Bake em up and you can tell us how it turned out.

PS I would avoid the nutmeg but use a combo of cinnamon + allspice/mixed spice.

Thanks hun, might be a tester for over the holiday's

Probably a bit late, but I haven't been on. My favourite gingerbread is in another thread, posted by Beansbeans. Sorry, I cant remember what the thread title is.