This list is under construction.

1. The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness

The Mindful Way through Depression draws on the collective wisdom of four internationally renowned mindfulness experts, including bestselling author Jon Kabat-Zinn, to provide effective relief from the most prevalent psychological disorder. This authoritative, easy-to-use self-help program is based on methods clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of depression. Revealing the hidden psychological mechanisms that cause chronic unhappiness, the authors gently guide readers through a series of exercises designed to break the mental habits that lead to despair. Kabat-Zinn lends his calm, familiar voice to the accompanying CD of guided meditations, making this a complete package for anyone looking to regain a sense of balance and contentment.

2. Heal Your Wounds and Find Your True Self by Lise Bourbeau

This new book by Lise Bourbeau demonstrates that all problems, whether physical, emotional or mental, stem from five important wounds: rejection, abandonment, humiliation, betrayal and injustice.

This book contains detailed descriptions of these wounds and of the masks we've developed to hide them. With this information, you will learn to identify the real cause of a specific problem in your life. You will also discover why some of us are extremely thin and others extremely fat, what other clues our physical bodies provide, and even how the way we dance can give us an insight into our particular wounds and masks. This book will allow you to set off on the path that leads to complete healing, the path that leads to your ultimate goal: your true self. Lise Bourbeau is also author of the International Best-Selling title, Listen to Your Body, Your Best Friend on Earth.

3. What Mothers Do - Especially When It Looks Like Nothing by Naomi Stadlen

'The best book on parenting... brilliantly insightful.' -- Guardian

"I wish I'd had this book years ago - to show to bosses who didn't understand, to friends who couldn't grasp why I was permanently tired, and even to myself - to know that I wasn't the only one who wished for an extra eight hours in the day." -- Anne Diamond, television presenter, mother.

"Naomi Stadlen writes with understanding, deep insight and humour. This is truly woman-to woman." -- Sheila Kitzinger, childbirth educator, mother.

Have you ever spent all day looking after your baby or young child - and ended up feeling that you have 'done nothing all day'? Do you sometimes find it hard to feel pleased with what you are doing, and tell yourself you should achieve more with your time? Maybe it's because you can't see how much you are doing already. In this unique and perceptive look at mothering, Naomi Stadlen draws on many years work with hundreds of other mothers of a wide variety of ages and backgrounds. She explores mothers' experiences to reveal what they - and you - are doing when it may look, to everyone else, like nothing. If you are a mother, and have ever felt:

* that nobody understands what you do all day
* overwhelmed by your feelings for your baby
* tired all the time
* that nothing prepared you for motherhood
* uncertain what your baby seems to want
* short-tempered with your partner

... then you will find this the most reassuring book you have ever picked up.

__________________________________________________ ___

Feel free to comment about any of these books you have read.