Thread: Access, visitation for a 6 week old baby, how often?

Default Access, visitation for a 6 week old baby, how often?

Does anyone know what an acceptable amount of visits for the father of a 6 week old baby would be? My friend is currently doing 3 days a week a few hours each time. This is a mutual agreement at the moment. She takes bub to see her father and stays with them. Bub is exclusively BF.

The father is being difficult and verbally abusive toward her during most visits about a variety of things. If she were to try to have a more formal agreement made does anyone know how much access he would be entitled to with such a young baby? She is worried he may get overnight visits alone with bub and she is not comfortable at all with that as she doesn't trust him to look after her properly, and it would mean introducing a bottle etc.

As far as I am aware, a court will not force a breast fed baby to spend nights away from its mother. Pretty sure a baby that young, no matter how they are fed, wouldn't be expected to stay away from its mother over night.

Tell her to call legal aid & ask for advice

I wouldn't do 3 days a week. time to get legal advice.

Is it okay to remove a breastfeeding child from Mum so it can visit Dad? | CCH Law Chat

There are no guarantees a BF relationship will be upheld by the Court.

http://www.lawchat.com.au/index.php/...can-visit-dad/

There are no guarantees a BF relationship will be upheld by the Court.

I was coming in to say the same thing as n2l. I've come across a number of people who have had to look at alternatives to direct breast feeding fb (expressing or artificial milk) due to court ordered access. Get legal advice. Don't assume that what seems, in theory (to a fellow mum) like common sense (breast fed child having access to breast) is actually in any way related to legal rights (of either parent or child). Don't trust hearsay or what's someone else has experienced. Get advice yourself. A good starting point is probably something like the family relationships advice line (google it) - they are a referral service if you have no idea where else to go