Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applause for Single Mums!

Default Applause for Single Mums!

OK I'm not a single mum, but every day when I cart my DD from pillar to post with her stroller, car seat and other paraphernalia I think to myself "how do single mums do it?".
    I was reading a post last night (from SJL hope you're feeling a bit better today!) that made me realise I should actually say:
    TO ALL YOU SINGLE MUMS OUT THERE YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB!
    Myself and all the partnered up mums I know think you are amazing.
    So I would like to kick off by nominating some wonderful single mums here who I think deserve some applause and everyone if you know a single mum who is doing a great job please say so!
    Beatrix! don't know how you do it!
    Hoobley - you're awesome
    mistree - I watch your saga and feel for you but you're doing great!
    Kelly
    And of course SJL who gave me the idea for this post!
    So come on girls let's hear it for the single mums! Oh and if you're a single mum feel free to nominate yourself!

I agree - you women are amazing!

paradise lost Guest

What a beautiful thing to do pixie! You're awesome!

I reckon the prize should go to one of the mums with multiple littlies - i only have one, and i'm in AWE of those ladies who manage to juggle nappy changes, BF or FF feeds, the school run, PTA meetings and STILL manage to come on here to cheer us up when we need it. To all you mums juggling two and three and more kids on your own....

*salutes*

Bx

I agree whole heartedly, when DH is on night shifts for a few nights, I get sooo drained and tired, but I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel when he has his days off, you girls usually just have to keep on keeping on.....so

BRAVO!!!!!!

All of you deserve a medal!!!!

What a nice thing to do! I agree with Hoobley, im a single mum of one. I dont know how single mums do it with multiple children!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I aggree you all do a fantastic job!!!

ESPECIALLY BEATRIX

I have had odd short times alone when DH away and i am so glad when he comes home!!

Well done to you all

I said something similar to this ages ago.. It gives us inspiration, nice job

To you all!! My mum brought me up by herself so I know how tough it can be. You all do a wonderful job!!

I agree totally!! I only have the one and she is 7 weeks old, but I would have fallen apat without DH.

All you single mums have my deepest admiration and respect!! You are awesome!!

Great thread to start Pixie.
    I know the struggles I have with one child (Oh how easy it would be some days to just ask a partner to get her ready for school or change her nappy or give her a bath) But I agree with a few other posts, single mums of multiple children are amazing! how you all manage to get more than one child through the day and also manage the household tasks.
    I regularly take on a friends girls for a weekend, totaling 3 girls (2 with special needs) as much as I love the girls I am glad to see the back of them after 48 hours of doing it on my own all I want to do is sit down and relax, if I had more than 1 I know I wouldn't be able to cope.

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

I would to LOVE to applaud my friend Sue in Sydney if i can as she is not a BB member (met her on a USA Contiki tour 14years ago ... before both our bubba days).

When she was 4mths preg her partner said he 'couldn't do it' and he fell off the face of the earth ... she has done it on her own (though luckily with the amazing help of her family) to bring up her son who is now 10

She works full-time and also manages to take him & participate in some of his hobbies together.

He is the most adjusted, balanced & beautiful human being, largely to the credit of his absolutely FANTASTIC Mother ... my friend Sue ... and as you can see i'm the proudest friend ever

GOLD MEDALS TO BE GIVEN TO ALL SINGLE MUMMA'S !!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys!!

I really needed to see this today..

Being a single mum is incredibly hard but omg it has those moments where you are so rewarded and it makes it all worth while.

in saying i would def be up for some love and affection sometimes from a male...

Hehe Beatrix!!

I have to agree, I'm in total awe of single mama's!!

mushroom-eater Guest

God Bless you moms. It's really ahrd to be single but along the way you made it.

Hi everyone,

Thought I would add my thoughts

I'm a single mum of two boys. My eldest is 2yrs old, my youngest is 8months. My ex husband ended our marriage when I was 12 weeks preg with number two and told me I had to move out. It was better that way as I needed to be near my parents as I knew I would get zero help from him. He was kind enough to offer to let me live in our house but he was still going to be bringing his new girlfriend around...what a charmer..any supprise that I refused that generous offer??

Some days, it's all I can do to get thru the day, others its like the powers that be are smiling on me. I find that I have to be completely organised and totally flexible. There are days (sometimes a whole week) where the house looks like a bomb hit it, but to me it's more important to spend time with my boys than to do the dishes. I am very lucky that my mum comes round a few nights a week to help with the bed time routine..I would not get thru the witching hour otherwise Big cheers for my mum The old electronic babysitter probably gets more of a workout than it should I survive on 5 hrs a sleep a night..and less if the boys have a bad night, or are sick, or when the youngest is teething...but such is life. I could get very depressed about my situation..but whats the point? It doesn't get me anywhere and doesnt help the kids. My eldest has seen me sitting on the kitchen floor in tears when it gets to much, and he's over in a flash to wipe away the tears and give me hugs and kisses...how can that not help but cheer me up?

I know my boys and I are much better off now...how could I teach my boys how to treat women when their father hasn't a clue? It's a hard slog, but it wont be that way forever. I learn new and faster ways of doing things and I constantly learn which things are more important than others. A game of building blocks and knocking them down with my boys is a lot more important than making sure my ironing is done (put it in the dryer, a good shake and its ready to wear!)

So I've found its just a case of organise, prioritise, and dont sweat the small stuff....otherwise you'll go insane

From a tired but happy mum

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Applause is nice but can you get us a nanny instead? LOL Especially on trying days like today in the hot weather .... grrrrrr its tough work.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Yep I agree, eveytime I go from one bub to the other and wonder how I would cope on my own I think single Mums - you are a force to be reckoned with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast