Thread: budgeting for brand new seperation, guessing at child support amounts

Default budgeting for brand new seperation, guessing at child support amounts

I've worked out that 2/3ds of groceries, vegies, meat, house and car insurance, gas, fuel, electricity, all totals just under 20% of his current income, so would asking for 20% be a fair request for 2 kids? Plus his share of the mortgage until sold too. I'm not talking about family assistance's excuse for an estimate either, they estimated only $60 a month last time, I'm going to take us through family dispute resolution and property dispute resolution through Relationships Australia so it's all legal and in writing and he can't take off and screw us over again

I didn't know you could ask for an amount. I thought it was just what you got through child support. Unless he has agreed to pay differently.

Cat xox

You can do a private arrangement even thru centrelink but I'm talking about going through family dispute resolution which is legally binding but no where near as expensive as going through the law courts, of course the courts are the next step if he really wants to fight but I'd like to hope we can settle it through this method with a mediator

Ah, I see.
    Hopefully things work out xox

Cat xox

Sounds fair. I have a private agreement in place with my DD'd father on $150pw until she is 18. We can cancel it at any time just by filling in a new form (both of us have to sign)
    His assessment varys as he keeps changing jobs but last look he was supposed to pay around $106pw (so I'm in front)

For this bub I'll just be going straight through CSA and getting their assessment as he has a son already and I know his income.

If CSA do an assessment, you can ask for it to be reviewed and show your expenses etc. If 20% of his income covers all that, $60 doesn't sound right (I know someone who earns $75k and his amount is just over $500 a month for 1 child)