Thread: does anyone know if I can get out of my lease due to being single?

Default does anyone know if I can get out of my lease due to being single?

Been a single mum now I am afraid that I wont be able to pay my rent as it is $ 420 pw or $ 1820 pm this will be my whole SPP plus some, so I will have to solely rely on xh cs, but seeing as the mines are in floods right now he isnt getting paid so there for niether am I...

So I wanted to know if anyone knows if I could get out of my lease because of this without having to keep paying two rents? not that I can find a house to rent at the moment, no one wants to rent to a single mother of 4...

has anyone else found it hard to find rentals been single?

Can you get your hands on your lease or ask your real estate agent to send you another copy.. There is a clause in nsw that allows you to go to tribunal if you separate and then you explain you can't afford to pay that much etc.

And another about not being able to pay anyway, financial hardship, which would certainly apply when separating....

Contact the rental tribal on your state and ask or check out your lease clauses.... Good luck..pm me. If you need any more specific help

Hi GTF, I'd suggest contacting the relelvant tribunal in your state and explaining your situation to them. They will be able to give you a definite answer

You should be able to claim financial hardship, it would also be worth talking directly with your RE and let them know if you are planing to move out they might be willing to come to an arrangement in regards to you moving out.

As M2R said, get in contact with your states tribunal to get a better idea of your rights.