Thread: Family Lawyer in South Eastern Suburbs recommendations

Default Family Lawyer in South Eastern Suburbs recommendations

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good family lawyer is the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
    TIA.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default Re: Family Lawyer in South Eastern Suburbs recommendations

No advice hope everything is ok xx

Awwww, thanks gorgeous girl . Actually, it's for my parents. My brother can't come within 200 meters of his son ATM (loooooooooong story) and he recently moved out of his marital home into my parent's house. My parents are trying to get access to my nephew (their grandson) and SIL said it's OK for mum and dad to see him, but SIL rang her legal advice just to make sure all was OK, but they said that my parents have to go through court to gain access to their grandson. Just wanted to know if that' true, my parents are very distraught and they need to see a family lawyer asap. I think SIL's legal advice said what they said, because my brother lives with them ATM.

I don't have any recommendations but it is true that your SIL is under no obligation to let your parents see their grandson. If they want to guarantee seeing him, court orders are the only real option.

Thanks n2l. There is nothing in the papers regarding my parents (ie blocking access to them), but they just want to see a good lawyer to gain access etc.