Thread: Health Insurance

Default Health Insurance

Hi I haven't done any homework yet, but I am hoping some people may be able to give me a 'jump start'.

Can anyone recommend health insurance for myself and my 2 year old - I am single mum too.

Any feedback regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mum2Boy.

I'm a single mum and after a lot of research I went with HBA.It's a little bit cheaper than the others I have Nil excess and it was one of the only funds that had single parent cover. The other benefit with HBA is that the longer you have cover the higher your limits are. They also covered my IVF treatment. Hope this helps a little.

hi there,

I never looked into HBA but i do suggest ou do alot of research - before df and i were together, as a single mum i found the premiums were the same for a one parent, one child family as they were for a two parent, two child family.

So I never go it till he moved in.

Hoping you find some value for money!

Have you tried the iSelect website? I don't know how good they are but they are promoting it heaps.

I had a look at the iselect website and it was quite helpful, though keep in mind that they only represent companies that pay them to advertise.

Do you know what sort of cover you want? For example, I've got extras cover for myself and i'll be adding DD when she's old enough to get some benefit out of it. Did you want hospital, extras or both?