Thread: Hi, I'm new here.

Jess'Mum Guest

Smile Hi, I'm new here.

Hi this is my first visit. I am a single mum to a 16mnth beautiful girl. Her dad took off when I was 4mnths preg. His loss. Just looking for other single parents to chat with and who understand what the daily grind is like on your own. So glad I found this forum I'm sure it will be invaluable to me. Look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you all. Everyone who is a single parent is a"SUPER HERO'' and we should never forget that.

Smile

Hi there!!

I am super new to this aswell! Just joined up tonight actually.. Sounds like we're both kind of in the same situation.. I have a beautiful 18month old daughter!! Her father left when I was about 5 months pregnant too.. But its definately his loss!! And to be honest, I'm kinda glad I don't have to share her!
    Anyways just thought I'd say hello!!

Hi to both of you. I joined about 2 months after i found i was pregnant and am now mum to my 15 week old baby girl Madisyn. I too am a single parent - very long story cut short, i fell pregnant, FOB didn't want to know so split up with me and is now wanting to come back into the picture but is causing a lot of problems. Trust me, you will both find great advice and support from other members - i know they have helped my through some tough times. Hope to chat soon

Hi ladies,

I'm 13weeks pregnant with my first, recently single and must say I am struggling. Just when I feel like I am going to be okay, I see all the other Mothers with their partners or at least wedding rings. It makes me feel like I am the only one in the whole world going through this alone. I know y'all are out there but I never seem to see it. I have a great family who are supportive, but not a lot of money and I am afraid that I am not going to be strong enough for this baby. I feel like I am the perfect candidate to get post-natal depression because of the stress I am under and I am so scared of that happening. I want this baby to have a beautiful life with a happy mother but I don't know how to heal myself from the hurt and get through this. I'm not sure if there is really any advice you can give me, but it helps even just to vent. I have a whole new respect for single parents.

Amy x

newmummy85

Do you work?
    Have you organised yourself with centrelink ? Organised yourself with maintenance office (when baby is born) ? Have you got a daycare centre organised?

Sorry but these things are important as when i was single my work and daycare kept me sane....

Have you got a good supportive family/friends?

Chin up darling i know its tough however trust me you dont want two kids one a grown man who does nothing and a baby ....

try to start to enjoy this journey now ....

Hi Girls and welcome to BB hope you all enjoy

Hey
    im a single mummy with a 4mnth old DD, my XP left me wen i was 7 wks pregnant, but he know see's my DD occassionly which is gd for her, if u ever want someone to talk pm me xx

Quote Originally Posted by newmummy85 View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm 13weeks pregnant with my first, recently single and must say I am struggling. Just when I feel like I am going to be okay, I see all the other Mothers with their partners or at least wedding rings. It makes me feel like I am the only one in the whole world going through this alone. I know y'all are out there but I never seem to see it. I have a great family who are supportive, but not a lot of money and I am afraid that I am not going to be strong enough for this baby. I feel like I am the perfect candidate to get post-natal depression because of the stress I am under and I am so scared of that happening. I want this baby to have a beautiful life with a happy mother but I don't know how to heal myself from the hurt and get through this. I'm not sure if there is really any advice you can give me, but it helps even just to vent. I have a whole new respect for single parents.

Amy x
    Hey amy
    big hugs amy and congragulations on your pregnancy i know right now things must be really hard for you but you will pull through you will be strong i know you can. we are all here for you through your pregnancy journey if you need someone to talk to or advise you can always pm me. i to was a single mum throughout my pregnancy and i must say it wastough but when you give birth to your precious little baby and stare into his/her eyes for the first time the hard times that you had will all be forgotten. goodluck and remember we are all here to talk to or listen xxx