Thread: How to cope with seperation/divorce

Default How to cope with seperation/divorce

Ive just been really struggling lately. Sunday is the big day I move out of the home we made together.
    Ive been feeling down and emotional for the past maybe 6-8 weeks I'm teary most days, have days of major anxiety.
    I keep wondering have I made the right decision. The fear of the unknown is freaking me out. We were together nearly 9 years, have to gorgeous girls, made a home together and now its all gone. I know in my head its right, I wasn't happy for a couple of years now and as much as I tried he didn't want to make any effort for things to work so I know I have to move on but its scaring the crap out of me.
    Its affecting my physical health too, my vertigo is playing up and I am so exhausted I struggle to keep awake all day yet sleep restlessly at night.
    So any tips please from how you got thru this situation without turning into a total emotional wreck.

take one day at a time. Allow yourself the chance to be sad/vent/cry. But your also alowed to have good moments too (I needed reminding of this) xox

Hugs hugs

Big hugs.

I don't really have any tips to add to what Catastrophic said. Don't forget to look after yourself too. I needed reminding this (still do sometimes).
    Hoping everything goes smoothly.

xox

Darl I find my vertigo often plays up in times of stress and it's possible it I'll go away after you've moved, it's a huge ime in your life
    Xxxxx

Shell, I am so sorry to hear your news. Huge hugs hun. Please look after you, you are the most important person and your girls need you to be healthy. Are you getting some counselling to get through this, should you see your GP for any medical advice. It is completely normal for you to feel like this, it is a major life change and stress for you, so if you feel like crying, let it all out. Can you make a list of all the things you weren't happy with in your relationship and then when you are feeling low read through it and know that you made the right decision for you and the girls.

Please look after yourself. xxxx

I have no advise...only hugs and understanding.

I separated from my partner 8weeks ago and I'm still struggling. We were together 14years (married 9) too so its very hard to break that tie...especially with young children together too.

I do think some good friends could help alot (though I have yet to catch up with any of my friends...they all say that we should do stuff (drinks/talk etc) but everyone always seems busy...except me- so this loneliness is getting me down at the moment).

I'm so scared of the future and being alone. My ex was my first and only love...I have no idea how to move forward (in time...I know I am not ready yet...but the thought of looking and not finding and being rejected scares me).

I hope you have some great support as I think that'll help alot. And lots of cuddles and kisses from your children...this gets me through

Bec sent this on her Samsung using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, had a not so bad day today, its up and down. Thanks for all the support.
    Thank god for my mum too shes been sooo helpful, don't know how I wouldve done without her!

Shell just letting you know I'm thinking of you xx

Shell, are you over my side of town now? We could catch up with the kids and have a coffee sometime?

Thinking of you hun xox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk