Thread: Just an Intro

draconwitch Guest

Smile Just an Intro

hi all
    just want to do the intro thing and stuff
    i'm a 27 yr old open minded easy going single mum to my beautiful baby boy born 23/3/07. i've been single since i found out i was pregnant (9weeks) as the XB became abusive so 2 assualt charges and an AVO later here i am just looking for other single parents who are willing to chat and share so tips maybe on how to deal with everything.

that's me in a very basic nutshell

so hi to all and i hope to chat with you soon

Heth Guest

Sounds like you did the best thing for you and your baby. I was a single mum for a long time. I have a 16 year old and am now 9 weeks away from having my second. I am married now (only have been for 3 weeks though) but I remember what it was like being a single mum. Hang in there girl. Your baby has my birthdate btw

Hey there, Im a 27 year old single mum to a baby boy too! I became pregnant whilst working overseas so i came home early with one extra little present for everybody! And weren't they all shocked!

How are you finding it? You've got a few months up on me! Im glad to have found another single mum to chat to

Hi draconwitch,
    I just wanted to say a hello and a good on you!! i know i shouldnt be posting here as am not a single mum... But by golly i take my hat off too you guys as I grew up with my mum being a single mum.... which is what caught my eye... my mum does graphic design and her "name" is dragonwitch
    She then had another child when I was 14 and we went through massive domestic violence also, so I know where you are coming from but as a child not the partner of the abuser.

You guys are awesome! Good on you for what you are doing and bringing your little treasures up on your own... as a child I know it was a bit tough but it teaches you some really good things early on in life.

Take care
    xoxooxo

draconwitch Guest

hi tgo all you guys sorry i've been so slow on the reply but i've been in and out of hospital waiting in an operation that finall got done last wednesday so yay my life can fianlly get back to a little bit or normal, well in 6 weeks time when i can pick bub up again but thanks guys it's just good to know that other people out that are willing to chat and share and of course offer that bit of support hopefully now i'll be around a bit more and i can get to knowm you all a bit better.

hope to chat soon.

draconwitch Guest

hey there tobyturtle
    yeah i'm actaully finding being a single mum ok i have other friends that are single mum and they are finding it really hard but the difference between me and them is i have been single since i found out that i was pregnant and they became single when bub was almost 2, so they already had a solid sharing routine going with the ex partners so it was a real shock for them . i absolutely love being able to spend the 1 on 1 time with bub and i don't have to share him. i'm guessing that was a shock but hey we have to admit it's a shock of type nicest kind i missed out on my working holiday os ,as i found out i was pregnant 7 weeks before i was due to leave but having Adyn was well worth it. best of luck every one says that it gets easier it doesn't get easier you just get better at dealing with all the demands of bub as well as your own.
    my advice is make sure you don't isolate yourself make and effort to talk to your friends even if it's only a quick email or txt it helps to keep the sanity and you need all the sanity you can find somedays but i can also say that it's the best thing watch bub grow and learn new things and know that you alone are getting to watch it i find it rather empowering to know but maybe i'm just a freak.

any way hope to chat soon

draconwitch Guest

hi Heth

thanks it's nice to know that others see things the way that i did and that other people have survived this thing of life and yeah things are getting easier and i'm loveing being a single mum io'm finding it quiet empowering to know that i'm strong enough to to cope on my own and if i do say so myself do an ok job. so thanks

I agree, its so empowering! I think i find it easier too because i was single from the beginning. I knew i would be doing it all on my own. Well, not exactly on my own, i do have support etc, but you know what i mean!! I like having him all to myself and being able to make all the decisions on my own.

Kira Guest

Hi there
    Im another single mum, 27 and have a little boy born June 2007, and have been single since I found out I was pregnant too. My ex wasnt ready to be a father and left. He has now come back into the picture a bit which is good for my little boy. But also brings up alot of other issues too. Its hard work though doing it alone, but I think that sometimes thats what makes it so amazing - all the hardwork and knowing that I am the one doing it all. I totally agree it is empowering. Its good to have great supports around too. I unfortunately dont have any friends that are single parents which can be hard as they dont really understand how hard it can be at times. And don?t really have anyone who I can share single parent experiences or advice with. But I agree, having that one on one time and not having to share its great, Im the only one that makes the decisions on what I think is best for my little one. I do find it can be lonely sometimes, but I think that it all just makes me stronger! Power to us ladies xx