Thread: On a more positive note

Default On a more positive note

I know that a lot of us are going through hard times, being single and coming to terms with the future and all that it holds, but I've realised that I've been so caught up in being scared that I haven't vented about anything that I'm really excited about!

So I thought it might be nice to have a positives only thread.

So, what are you most excited about as far as your little on goes?
    What are your baby names? Why did you choose them?
    What are the new and exciting symptoms that you've come across this week?
    If you've already had your bub, what has he/she done that has made you smile this week?
    Who does your baby look like?
    Who are you thankful for?

Anything positive or ANYTHING that gives you hope, might give us some hope and make us smile too

So go ahead, lay it on us!

I'm most excited about starting to show.
    I've chosen the name Avalon for a girl and Landon or Dallas for a boy.
    I'm thankful for my Mum! She's delightfully giddy. She's already buying the baby clothes! She gave me the cutest little bonnet for my little alien to wear at the hospital
    Symptoms this week include a ridiculous craving for Nandos! NEED NANDOS NOWWWWW!

Oh and something that's made me laugh, was my nephew crawling down the hallway and me telling him to stop. He turned around and waved for the first time with a sad little look on his face. Hahaha cheeky monkey is way too cute to be angry at!!!

What a brilliant idea for a post!!

So, what are you most excited about as far as your little on goes?
    Meeting her any day now!! I'm overwhelmed by the love I feel for this little life that kicks me and is always there when I need company or feel sad. We already have the most amazing bond. I can't wait to see what she looks like, to dress her in all her pretty dresses, to cuddle her, bath her, watch her sleep, introduce her to all my friends and family, just be her Mum.

What are your baby names? Why did you choose them?
    She has been Layla since very early on. I like Cleo or Quinn for her second name. If for some reason they got it wrong and i'm having a boy, I like Jett or Cody.

What are the new and exciting symptoms that you've come across this week?
    The body really does change in the latter part of pregnancy. When I bend down, get dressed or put my leg up to shave etc, body parts crack lol. I guess it's everything loosening up. Her head is well down now, so a lot of pressure on my pelvis. Sore and swollen ankles, feet and hands. Stiffness when getting up after sitting down for a while. Tricky to sleep and get comfortable! I can really only sleep on my left hand side now. But it's all totally joyous and I love every symptom because it's leading me closer to my girl.

Who are you thankful for?
    My family are amazing. They get me through every tough day and make me laugh everyday. My friends, even though I don't see them much. I know I have their love and support and it means more than words can express.

Ohhhh I'm so excited for you! I think the name Layla is very pretty, she sounds like she will be loved very very much. I'm so glad that you are still enjoying being pregnant even though it's hard to sleep. It's s cute to hear that you are excited to dress her up in her cute little dresses. Oh the joys of having a little girl! I hope mine is a girl hahaha, I wish I was closer to my 18 - 20 week ultrasound so that I could find out already

How very very very EXCITING it all is!!!! <-- I love this little dancing guy

I think I'm getting the endorphins today, I'm just so HAPPY!

It's totally exciting, and most days I go to sleep and wake up feeling utterly content and happy about my future as a Mum.

I think it's SO important that we do focus on these positive aspects, because it's easy to let the hurt drag you down, and at the end of the day, it really achieves nothing.

I'm a Dr Phil fan and I Googled to see what his thoughts are on single parenting, and it seems he thinks it's totally possible to raise our children in a quality fashion without a father figure around.

I'm always happy to have a chat if ever you would like to add me to MSN, Facebook etc. The general thinking seems to be that support from others in a similar boat is invaluable.

I love love love being a single parent.

It's so much easier than dealing with an XH/XP who is effectively another child.

I love that I can make day to day choices without checking whether XH will crack it at the most inappropriate moment.

Good luck to you both with respect to your pregnancies and births. I'm nearly 4 years down the track now, and it's just fabulous.

Great idea! Can I join too - even though mine are not babies anymore *sigh.

Big fat POSITIVE - you don't have to fight over names!!!! Beth would have been either Violet or Kallista if I had my way but he strongly vetoed both . I do like her name very very much but I liked them too....

DS2 would have been Oliver... I love love love that name... but his name suits him down to the ground!

Forgot about the whole name choice thing! Definitely agree it's a bonus!