Thread: Photos and stuff...

Cool Photos and stuff...

It's now been 6 months since DH and I split up and we;re both positive that we won't get back together. We're still close and remain good friends which is fantastic for us and the kids.

Now i'm not sure what to do about all the photos I have around the house. Most are ok, we have a prof family shot near the bathroom which I want to keep up, but I have a bit of a problem with a couple of others.

The first one is one of DH and DS (another prof one), it's in the kitchen, where i spend most of my time as do guests. It's a nice picture and I like it but I feel a bit funny having it up however I don't want to take it down as it's got DS in it and I don't want him to feel like he can't have pictures of his Dad iykwim?

The second one is in the kitchen/hall and it's a 3 photo frame all of our wedding. One of DS at the wedding and 2 of me and DH cuddling. I love the pictures and It;s not that I don't want to be remimded of our wedding as it brings back lovely memories...it just feels a bit wrong to have it there and I know I shouldn't worry about what others think but I can't help but wonder what other people think when they seee it still up.

I also don't want to upset DH by taking them down (although I don't know that it would upset him, but I think I would be a bit miffed if he took away pictures of me)...it's so hard, I don't know what to do.

I think if I do take them down i'll tell him first and not just ket him walk in to see different pictures up.

Any help or advice?

I would put the one of DS and exDH in his room and put the others away. Or maybe in your girls rooms??

I would let your DS have the one of him and dad in his room
    The wedding ones I would just take down and put them away and replace them. I don't think you should ask XH though.

I would remove them (maybe put the one of DH and DS in his room - like the others suggested) but I wouldn't just remove those ones. I would move a few more around the house or put up some new ones so that it was more like a rejeuvination rather than a removal IYKWIM. That way it might be a bit easier for the kids to deal with.

DD had pics of her and her dad together in her rookm, i don't really want to see them around the house anywhere! I don't think she even has them out anywhere these days, she's replaced them with new pics of school friends and art work my mum did for her.

I'd take the wedding ones down and pack them away, move on with your new life with a fresh start rather than having the past hanging on your walls.

You don't need to get rid of them, just pack them away.

Its really none of your ex's buisness what you have or don't have hanging on the walls of your house. If he wants them bad enough, he can hang them in his house!

When you get a chance get some nice pics taken of you with the kids to hang in the kitchen

Great, thanks guys It's a good idea to put DS one in his room...looks like i'll have to get myself some new frames to put around the place!

And the 3 frame one with the wedding pics in...thats easy - 3 frames - 3 kids!

Maybe put the wedding photos in an album of past happy memories, for your kids to have later. And hanging the photos of XH and kids in their rooms, or perhaps he'd like them at his house? I'm sure the kids would love to have pics of themselves on his walls.

I would go with the suggestion of the pic of him and ds in ds's room..with the wedding ones i get your thoughts on telling dh before removing them- your not asking him, just letting him know-which i think is considerate and shows that you are obviously having a great seperated relationship.. maybe you could put together an album or something for the kids with those pics and a few others so they are easy for them to get to to look at- but arnt in your face 24/7.... hth

i took down my wedding photos and put them in to a scrapbook that maya can have when she is older and she also has a small scrapbook / photo book i made for her with all her other family and her dad's photos in it , its her family book and she often looks through it . i dont have a lot of photo's up and the ones i do are just here good ones , all ours seem to end up in scrapbooks .