Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rings..

I sold the band & did a happy dance when the money was handed over. He was too scungy to buy me an engagement ring & he used a ring of mine, if it wasn't a family ring (my family) I would have sold that too, I've never worn it again & may melt it down in the future into something else but it has bad memories so if I do that it will be years in the future.

Sell 'em. If you had one DD, perhaps you could consider giving it her, but 3 makes it harder still.

I have Mum's engagement ring and I never wear it. My parents had a miserable marriage. Whilst there were obviously good parts to it (ie, me ), it doesn't have positive energy. I wouldn't sell it without asking Mum but may get stones reused as something else.

DH pawned the ring from his practice marriage.

Personally if you feel comfortable selling them i would do so in a heart beat. On the otherside i received my mums wedding band once i was 18 and my parents had a horrible marriage but i took the ring as something that was a representation of their love when they got married not how it ended.
    But if the kids arent going to have anything to do with their father then that wouldnt really apply to them anyway..IYKWIM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12