Thread: serial texter ... what should I do ?

Default serial texter ... what should I do ?

Hi - I've been a single parent for two years. I go out about once a month and have been out on the odd 'date' in this time. I'm pretty self sufficient and not the sort that has to have a man around, but you know the ad 'man does not live on bread alone'.

Anyway, I met a man last weekend, lovely and sweet, attentive and great talker. 6ft 3 and big shoulders, all the good stuff ! But he's a serial freakin' texter. I got 20 on Tuesday on top of the two phone calls with a combined five hour talk time this week. I've told him and sent it in a text that I've been out of the loop for a few years and am not used to adult contact/conversation every day. I've been studying, working and raising two kids (one with ASD). I used to joke that I wanted a man like my job, 12 hours a week, at least in the beginning.

Am I being to harsh. I just yelled at the phone cos he text again !

HELP !!

No I don't think so, you are only available as much as u are available. Maybe it is just a bad habit of his and it also sounds like he is quite keen.

Maybe just try giving him the hint like when u reply back to one cut it off by saying I will text u tomorrow have a great day etc and if he doesn't get the hint just tell him honestly what terms u are willing to live with, i.e go slow etc etc

ETA. Good for you that u have found a possible relationship I hope it goes well for you

Eeewww, that would be a big turn-off for me, so you're definitely not being harsh.

There's keen & then there's desperate & I'd be starting to wonder what was wrong with him....

smiles4u Guest

... Oh i'm sorry to say but i too second Winter's comment, it would put me off too ... also i don't like to feel suffocated which it sounds he is doing.

If anything take some flattery out of it (if you can ??)

... Do you feel you truly want to see him again ?? (just curious)

I agree with the others. It would be a major turn off to me. I would ask him to slow down a little

Thanks folks - he's gone. Dropped him via text.

Thursday night there were 23 texts, friday the same and four missed calls on the mobile so I left him off then and he text at 5am Saturday morning. Plus he also started talking about meeting the kids which is not on after a week of knowing someone.

He was starting to scare me and I'm glad he's gone. I told him on the phone and sent it in a text to slow down and he wouldn't listen.

omg, scary city. This is got to the one time it's perfecty fine to dump someone via text!!

What on earth do you write in 20+ texts??!?! It's been a long long time (9 years +...) since I've been able to cr*p on that long - and it was with someone that was doing it back!

Good work on kicking him to the kerb. IMO, keen is a text every day & a call every other day. Not a freaking text at 5am! DH would be in the boiler over that - & I'm married to him!