Thread: Single mum, pregnant again thought he'd stick around :(

Default Single mum, pregnant again thought he'd stick around :(

I am a single mother of a 3.5yo, she is my world!! Her father and I split just before she was born or though on and off for some time after that. At the beginning of this year I started to see another guy who I'd 'dated' a few years before my daughters dad. We found out I was pregnant a month ago and now he's done the bolt. I've told him I'm having the baby and he isnt happy with my choice. This will be his first so I understand his fears and concerns, he is up and down with his emotions of it all but ultimately he is being so nasty and unsupportive of it all. I miss him so much we had a great relationship before this and even friendship before that. I keep telling myself he'll come round but I know he won't. I'm scared and feel alone.

Hi, I have no advice for you but couldnt read and not post...
    Hugs, i hope he can come around
    xx

Thanx, I hope so too..
    Xx

Xx

big hugs*

Hope you have lots of support around you. and i hope he comes around, or at least stops being so nasty

It does sound like he is a little scared, being his first child he probably is worrying about money, whether he'll be a good dad etc. I think maybe giving him some space, letting him know you are there to talk if he wants to. My DP went really funny when we learnt we were having a baby, stressing over little things.

i hope he comes around for your sake and your babys xoxo

to you hun. My BFF went through this - dating a guy, condom came off and oops yep she is preggers again. He left so fast the door was still closing as his car pealed down the street. She was devastated at first but then realised that she wouldn't have to worry about raising this new little one with a drop kick. Her little boy is now nearly 4 and she wouldn't be without him. His dad has only seen him twice in his life but that is no hardship lol. She is struggling though to get child support from him.

Being a single mum to 2 is nothing to be ashamed about. After my divorce I was a single mum of 3 and then met my now fiance. We have 3 more of our own and have been together for over 8 years.

Thanx everyone, it's good to here from outsiders. I have got a great family n friend support network but it's sometimes hard to talk to them as their close to it and sometimes don't understand my feelings. Thanx again.. Xx