Thread: single and my first pregnancy

Jayla Guest

Default single and my first pregnancy

Hi everyone, I'm 21 and six weeks pregnant. I told my family this week and my father is supportive but my mother wants me to have an abortion and so does the father. He's 24 and doesn't want anything to do with it and our relationship is over. I've thought about having an abortion alot since finding out from the doctor last week but I've come to the decision to keep it. I'm scared about being a single mother, I know it will be hard but I just want to try my best and have the baby. I just feel so sad and depressed about everything right now especially because the father may not be around and our relationship ending. But I'm just going to hope that things will work out somehow and I want to try my best and have a healthy baby. I'm living with my father and I'm so greatful that he is going to be there to help and support me. Anyway thats my situation, just wanted to introduce myself say hi to everyone. This looks like really supportive and freindly forum.

Nice to meet you Jayla. I am not a single mum but I am sure you will find a lot of support here! The BB ladies are the most supportive women I have met. Have a happy and healthy nine months! Life has a way of working out, and while we can't quite see the plan unfolding perfectly just yet, I am sure that it will for you.

Jayla have you managed to find your belly belly thread yet? It's great to go through this with women due the same time as you. When is your EDD?

rhyb Guest

hey Jayla

Im a single mum to a 3 month old little boy and Im only young. It can be very tough but it's so rewarding that it just being me and aiden doesnt bother me. There are plenty of people here to help from answering questions to advice or just to listen to you vent so you feel better. Best of luck and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Jayla Guest

Thanks mis_tree, rhyb and oscaroscar nice to meet you all.

Quote Originally Posted by oscaroscar View Post
    Jayla have you managed to find your belly belly thread yet? It's great to go through this with women due the same time as you. When is your EDD?
    Where do I look to find this thread? I'm due in May next year.

Hi Jayla.
    I am Ashlea and I am 21, and I have DS Alexander
    I'm not a single mum, but it still sometimes feels like it when you've only had five hours away from your almost eight month old.
    I come from a single parent family and I think my mum is such a strong person for the adversity she has faced (had me at 18) and I'm sure you will grow to be as wonderfully appreciated as a mum as I am with her, IYKWIM.
    BB is a great and supportive forum, I hope to see you posting more soon.

You will find your Belly Buddies group here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...belly-buddies/ - just look for the group that has your due date.

You may also like to request access to the Single Parent Private Support Group here - http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/prof...editusergroups .

There are a fair few of us 'younger' mums on BB, and twice as many people that you will find just as supportive. GL with the remainder of your pregnancy hon.

Welcome. Look forward to chatting with you!

Wow, you might be in the same thread as me! I am due May 11 or 12, here is the link to the May 1-15st group.

Again, welcome to BB! I am sure you will find plenty of support here as a young single mum .

Hi & welcome Jayla. I'm not a single mum myself, but I had a baby at 21 too. Its great being a mum I'm sure you'll love it. Hope all is well.

queenbee Guest

Jayla, having a Bub is very life changing. I don't know what I would have done without the support, sounds like your Dad will help you as much as he can. My DD is 10 months old, she kisses me, gives me cuddles and loves me sooooooo much (and of course I love her). The love I feel for her I can't describe...I really wish you well through your pregnancy and looking your little one in the eyes for the first time xx

Hi there and welcome to the community.

I have only just turned 22 and this was a planned pregnancy - but I am still totally terrified and did consider abortion. I always follow the "go with your gut" philosophy. Do your instincts say an abortion would be right for you and you feel you would be able to feel "okay" with that?

If not, I think it is meant to be and you'll be a great Mum.

If you need anyone to share the fear or uncertainty with, let me know. I am terrified!

By the way jayla, I am due May 2009 also. Come and joint eh group.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Oliviasmum07 Guest

Smile

Good luck & all the best..
    Last edited by Oliviasmum07; December 12th, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

hi jayla welcome to bb...hope you are doing ok and wish you all the best huni.
    rach xxx