Thread: Single Parent Benefit and Child Support reduced?

Default Single Parent Benefit and Child Support reduced?

Hi all,

I'm a little confused, so hope one of you mums out there that work can give me some advice - I have started some casual work (for a set wage each week).

Do I need to report this to CSA? I've had a look at their website, but can only really see them asking for income to be reported for the payer of the child support, not payee?

The work has already reduced my Single Parent benefit by half, and now I'm up for tax on it as well - sigh. If it reduces my child support as well, it sort of gets to the point where I'm discouraged to work at all - what's the point?! No wonder people choose not to work until they have to!

I'd appreciate any advice or comments!

I don't think so, but don't quote me on it.

Hi I have always reported to csa aswell, but they actualy wont take it into account till next finacial year as they go of the year before. And you are alowed to earn so much before it affects it anyway, maybe just call and ask them. At least you won't end up having to pay back if it is to be reduced.

I'm pretty sure the child support rules changed last year and now takes both incomes into account.

yes it does take both income into account but also you both get an amount deducted to live, the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea678 View Post
    yes it does take both income into account but also you both get an amount deducted to live, the same amount.
    yeah that

CSA have to be notified of any change of income as the calculations for child support take into account the time spent with both parents, the income available to each parent to support the child etc.

Thanks so much, I will ring them - I hope it doesn't reduce too much