Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Parents on BB Roll Call...

Username: sleepless in tas
    Number of children: 1
    Separated since: Officially 26th March 2008 however I never got anyhelp when we were together
    Care arrangements?: with me 24/7 unless i'm at work
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: having the strength to wake up each morning and do it all over again!
    General comments: My god it's hard! But I'm sure one day it will get better!

Username: Dee
    Separated since: DD was 15 months (5 1/2 years ago)
    Care arrangements?: I have full custody of DD. Her dad lives in Melb, i'n in country vic. He comes down to visit every few weeks and has her for the weekend. He is moving down here this year. (i'm sure it will drive me nuts)
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Being the sole decision maker and hoping you've made the right choice.
    At the end of the day wishing there was someone else to bath, feed and put the child to bed when you are exhausted.
    Meeting a new partner and trying to make it work without feeling like you are doing the wrong thing by your partner or child/ren.
    Having to work around the kids and sometimes make financial sacrifices because of this
    SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!
    Having to argue with someone you don't like much (the ex) about your child's wellbeing when you know you have their best interests at heart while the other party is trying to get revenge on you for leaving them, all while saying they have the childs best interests at heart
    General comments: I have been with my new partner for over 3 years now, but still consider myself a single mum as she is not my partners DD. While he is fantastically wonderful to her and me, and is a fabulous 'step dad' it doesn't change the fact that I am a single mum who still faces all the same issues financially, emotionally, mentally, socially etc that single mums do.

Smile

Username: beachangel

Separated since: 2007 formally but 2oo8 i totally gave up on the marriage.... but really been a single mum since 2005 cause he was never around ever since our son was a few months old unless he needed somewhere to live & had no money to travel &/or party

Care arrangements?: it's messy atm, he wants 50/50 but i moved to cairns to escape his violent, controlling & immature ways cause it was still getting me down with me living just down the road - now i'm trying to figure out what will work for us all - tricky!!!

Biggest challenge as a single parent?: loneliness & believing in myself... just moved away from all my sut of thempport too cause a lo had gotten very good at undermining me as a mum & i know i can do it on my own and need to do what's best for us, even if it's hard work and in a place i am still getting used to... wouldn't have been dealt this hand if i couldn't handle it & i will make the best life i can for us, even if i'm the only one coming to the party

General comments: feel very strong sometimes & other times i feel like i could just give up, not that i ever would walk away... i just wish there was someone to support me when the going gets tough & i feel like a failure -

thank god i found this site tonight cause you all seem amazingly supportive to one another & i was ready to go home & give up the new life i am creating

ps... i love to chat & hoping to make some new friends here cause i have moved away from some great friends with kids & the new ones i've made so far in cairns don't have kids & all have relationships, but they're amazingly supportive of me even though they just met me a couple of months ago

Username: Emmasn
    Number of children: 1 ( 8 weeks old )
    Separated since: Me and my XP separated before the birth of my daughter because he wasnt ready to do the whole family thing and he moved away.
    Care arrangements?: i have grace 100% of the time and grace's dad comes up every now and then to ''visit".
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: being a young mum and trying to get over My XP and what he put me through aswell as money.
    General comments: This forum is so amazing so much help and support

username: young_mumma87
    real name Tara
    number of children: 1 d:b 3/6/07
    seperated since: always
    biggest challennge as a single parent? the boardem!!
    general comments: i love BB

hey girls just wanted to say welcome!!!

Username: alleykat1985
    Separated since: July 08
    Care arrangements?: Madisyn is with me fulltime, does not see her dad - his choice
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: knowing that her dad does not want anything to do with her and knowing that someday I am going to explain to her why
    General comments:

Abrahams mum Guest

Default details

Username: Abraham's mum
    Separated since: always
    Care arrangements?: In my care full time
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Sick of people thinking I need a man to come and 'rescue' me.
    General comments: Happy to meet other mums, (especially those who have never been with the FOB) for friendship and support.

Usernamerganicem
    Number of children:2 princesses
    Separated since: Today
    Care arrangements?:Sole care he has not told me when he wants to see our girls.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Doing it all!
    General comments:[/QUOTE] Am so scared!!

Em, very sorry to hear your news. Good luck.

Username: Rainbow Raver
    Number of children: 2
    Separated since: 4 weeks ago
    Care arrangements?: exDF has the kids every second weekend plus every thursday night for tea.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: trying to afford everything, not getting any 'you' time.
    General comments: i love being a single mummy.

Username: knk
    Number of children: 27 weeks with #1
    Separated since: always
    Care arrangements?: as far as I know at this time will be in my care 100%
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: I'm sure there will be more, but so far feeling lonely
    General comments: just starting the single-parent journey

Username: AnnaT
    Number of children: 3
    Separated since: June 10th so just on 2 weeks...
    Care arrangements?: ExH has the older 2 every weekend fri evening-sunday evening and will wing it with the youngest for now until he is not breastfed anymore/circumstances change.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: The initial first leap, trying to find a house and be brave enough to not panic about things out of my control.
    General comments:

Username: missymoo84

Number of children: 3

Separated since: June 2005

Care arrangements?: The older 2 boys father takes them every 2nd weekend but with me the rest of the time

Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Being judged as a young mum. Being so far away from family and not having support to just rest occasionally.

General comments: I love it. We have our bad days, but everyone has them. Overall I love waking up in the morning to their smiling faces, I love getting millions of hugs and kisses and "I love you mummy"'s a day, I love watching them grow and learn and I am loving watching them turn into well rounded young boys while thinking "I did this on my own!"

Abrahams mum Guest

Default knk

Hi Knk

I too went through my pregnancy by myself. I would be happy to keep in touch if you wanted to, also a book I read was 'going it alone' by Natacha Mirosch. It was the first book I read when I fell pregnant and I was so glad I did, cause everything else was couples and wasn't really relevant.

Not sure of your circumstances, but if I knew during my pregnancy how things would have turned out for me and my precious son, I wouldn't have been so worried and enjoyed it more. It really is an amazing time.

Abrahams mum

hello all you single mummys
    i went through my pregnancy with DS by myself too im always here for a chat!

me too Ashtons father left us when I was 4 months along and didn't see him till he was 4 months old, it was hard to begin with but it's helped build this close relationship I have with Ash Here to chat if anyone wants too!

Username: missy81
    Number of children: 22 weeks with bub #1
    Separated since: Found out about the pregnancy pretty much
    Care arrangements?: At this stage looks like being me 24/7, with support from family and friends
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Knowing my baby boy's father wants nothing to do with him, and knowing I'll have to explain this to him one day when he asks about his Dad.
    General comments: This is my first baby and I'm both scared and excited about the future in front of me. The baby's father has made it very clear that he wants no involvement, so trying to stay strong and be positive as hard as that is. I know the road is going to be hard and long, but I'm convinced that my beautiful baby will be worth every second of the journey!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast