Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Single Parents on BB Roll Call...

shed44 Guest

Username: shed44
    Number of children: 1
    Separated since: My partner passed away when I was 4 months preg
    Care arrangements?: Me 100% but family plays a big role in my munchkins life
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Explaining to people who need to know about my daughters dad, not being able to share with her dad in the marvel and wonder at how beautiful and wonderful your own child is.
    General comments: I was so sad going through the pregnancy alone...all those pre natal visits, the 20 week scan not having him at the birth but having a baby is the most wonderful, amazing experience you will ever go through. She has changed my life for the better and I love every day....she is such a joy!

Username: Danielle_M
    Number of children: 2
    Separated since: March 2009
    Care arrangements?: Kids live with me full time. XH flies to QLD every second weekend to see them & he will be flying the kids & I down to Sydney every 6 weeks & alternate Christmas' to spend time with his side of the family.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Not having any help (although I didnt have much help at all while married to him but it was SOMETHING), not having someone to enjoy watching the things the kids do & share all the milestones with etc (XH wasn't really excited about all that anyway)
    General comments: BB is an awesome site & the ladies here are absolutely fantastic.... They have been a MASSIVE support to me online & in real life. I'm thankful for the friendships I've made on here

Default Kinda new here

Username: Rita68
    Separated since: Never. Old friend who lives in Europe. We have/had flings whenever we were in the same country. He came to visit for a week and here I am with my beautiful 8 month old son.
    Care arrangements?: All on my own.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Dealing with judgements from others including sometimes other single mums because I ended up pregnant like this and 'should have used protection'. I don't need the lecture.
    General comments: My little boy arrived in an unusual way but I'm 40 and the crazy way it happened I know he is supposed to be here. I feel like he picked me and I feel very lucky. I am so worried about how he will be growing up with no dad but I am going to do everything I can to make sure he grows up with lots of love, confidence, courage, happiness, security and self-esteem. Would love to hear from other mums who are doing this completely alone.

Default new to bellybelly

Username: alex's mum
    Separated since: March 2007
    Care arrangements?:Goes to his dad's most saturday nights
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: working/ PND
    General comments: hope this posts right!

Welcome Alex'smum and Rita. We're all here to help and support each other. BB is such a wonderful place I'm sure you'll feel welcome.

Hi,
    single mum of 9month old boy just wondering if i'm still able to join in this forum?

georgiegrl Guest

Username: georgiegrl
    Separated since: October 2008
    Care arrangements?: Sole Carer
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: not having enough free time for myself and not been able to share the load with someone... especially when im sick
    General comments:

username: singlemumof1
    number of children: 1
    care arrangements: sole carer
    biggest challenge as a single mum: feeling comfortable to ask for help to make sure I have time for me.
    I feel very lucky that I have my baby boy and I chose to do it as a single mum but sometimes it would be nice to have someone around to help

Username: Little Bean 09
    Number of children: 29weeks pregnant with first
    Separated since: June 09
    Care arrangements?: Incubator at the moment but will be with me
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Going through this pregnancy alone
    General comments: Live in Cairns and always up for a chat! xx

Welcome littlebean, if you ever need someone to talk to let me no i wen through my pregnancy alone i no how hard it can be, congragulations you have a beautiful life growing inside you

Username: singledad
    Number of children: 1 almost 3 yr old boy
    Separated since: Sep 06
    Care arrangements?: Just with me, hasn't seen his mum in over 2 years
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Balancing being a sole parent and a provider
    General comments: Just moved to Qld for a fresh start, going good so far

Quote Originally Posted by emmasn View Post
    Welcome littlebean, if you ever need someone to talk to let me no i wen through my pregnancy alone i no how hard it can be, congragulations you have a beautiful life growing inside you
    Hi there emmasn
    Thank you for your post. Do you mind me asking how far pregnant you were when you and your ex split up? I've been trying to find other women in the same situation to see how they coped. My situation is very complicated in the fact that we still own a house together, that i'm currently in, but 7 weeks ago the police put a DV charge of my fiance (property damage only) and I haven't seen him in that time and won't see him for another 3 weeks til the hearing as his lawyers are keeping us apart. I want to see if we can work things out but the distance of time between us now has pushed us further apart:-(. I'm trying to do the best for LB (little bean) but somedays it just seems like there is no hope.

Default Roll Call

Username: cobaltblue
    Number of children: 1 - 29 weeks pregnant with a son
    Separated since: July 2009
    Care arrangements?: None as my son is still is in utero
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Overcoming the difficulty of accepting that XP and family are disinterested in pregnancy but claim that they will be involved once son is born
    General comments: Looking forward to meeting mothers through BB

Default Opps

I said that I was looking forward to meeting mothers through BB but I just seen a single dad on here so I should say that I am looking forward to meeting both mothers and fathers through BB and creating new friendships

Username: livvy
    Number of children: almost 1
    Separated since: broke up with xp in dec 2008 after a termination, but just sort of kept sleeping together until i left for australia this year.. am back in nz now but hate being so near him (and his new gf)
    Care arrangements?: at the moment just me because he's a shmok.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: coping with everything alone really.. am trying to not get depressed as have friends and family being really supportive but is a bit tricky keeping it all happy on the outside when can't get out of bed sometimes. had to give up work too. am only just still coping with uni workload.
    General comments: did put a request through for access to the private forum group as well but never heard back.. don't really understand how that works.

it's nice to see that there is a gender mix here, even if is still a bit biased but any new people to hear from and chat with or get advice from would be awesome.. esp as am seeing ex on friday as told his whanau was not happy to have contact with them whilst he's being the way he is, i think they put the boot in there but it's still not a good reason to see him i think. i think they want bub to be within their reach but i just can't see that working with him skulking around in the background, being a shvants.

sorry thats probably a bit much huh.. sorry all.

Username: Roz1982
    Number of children: 1 and one on the way
    Separated since:sperated from my first childs father since he was 4 months old..approx five years ago. My new baby on the way...have been with the father for a couple months.
    Care arrangements?: single parent all the way..no help from Son's father.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Wanting to provide well for my kids but also be there for there younger years as long as i can. Im currently studying though...so i have a future plan
    General comments: I am going through a rough time with my expected baby's dad...looks like im going it alone (again) and he isnt happy im not aborting the baby. Would be good to be in contact with other mums in similar situations.

Dotty_R Guest

Username: Dotty_R
    Number of children: 20 weeks with baby #3
    Separated since: Today offically 8th Oct
    Care arrangements?: FOB says he wants to enjoy his young years (25) so id say just me.
    Biggest challenge as a single parent?: Making my babies life as normal as possible without a Dad
    General comments: We planned this pregnancy and he decided I should abort, but I couldnt justify aborting a baby that we purposely concieved.

Id love to met people in similar situations to me

hiya rebecca (dottyr)

here you are too! i hope that today has gone okay for you. i'm glad you looked in on this thread too, even if just to know that you're not alone in this. by the sounds of it roz in the same situation as you, having someone put pressure on you to terminate. i can't imagine the hurt that that would cause esp as bub was planned. loose the man, keep the baby i say. i think dollyroux had it in one when she said a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. kia kaha sweetie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast