Thread: The worst question to ask

Default The worst question to ask

So it's 3 days 'til Christmas, 3.5 weeks 'til my due date with first bub and i've just been speaking with bubs dad/XP and asked the world's stupidest question. 'So, are you seeing anyone?'. IDIOT! Why ask a question with an answer that can potentially hurt you at a time when it's so important to be happy and positive? And I do feel hurt. Just 7 months ago we were engaged to be married, now i'm single and about to have our baby, and he's moved on with someone else. Sorry, just can't sleep and needed to vent. The emotional roller coaster of the past 7 months has very nearly killed me on a few occasions, i've just started to really get back on track. Now all the old wounds are opened again. I just hope things can only get better again.

Don't know what to say to help but just want to give you a big

I'm sorry you feel hurt. I guess you would have found out about XPs situation eventually though.
    Of course things will get better darl. You were on track, you can get back there. Besides,you've got a beautiful little bub to meet in 3.5 weeks time. Focus on that.

I wish my baby girl was here now and I could give her a big cuddle

Her Dad's 10,000 miles away in Scotland so we don't speak much. These days, when we do it's on friendly enough terms, but the feelings haven't totally gone I guess. Now all I can hope for is that he is there for his girl and is the best Dad he can be from a distance.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Gosh, dont know what to say, its so hard what you are going through!!
    Big hugs and looking forward to your BA!

I can't wait for your bubba to be born hun - you'll have a little one to cuddle, give you those gorgeous smiles and cooing noises - you'll feel the love....and it will be a new beginning for you both .

Hugs hun.

oh hun
    I'm so sorry
    I know how you feel
    my ex moved on with someone else 3 months after we split .. we were together for 5 years.
    and the funny thing is.. even after he has done.. leaving me because i kept my child.. wanting nothing to do with her ect
    i still feel like i hate her more than i hate him
    cause deep in my heart i feel it should be the three of us as a family
    not him and that b&tch
    i really will never understand how men can just move on so quickly
    but you honestly deserve so much better from him
    i really hope one day he wakes up to himself and sees just what a bloody fool he is.
    sending you hugs xxxx

You know, I recall asking that exact question when I broke up with my First Love. And when he said "No, but I'm interested in someone" I was jumping on the inside he was still single (even though I broke it off!) but then went on to offer to help if he needed romantic ideas!!! WAH?!?!?!?! IDIOT! LOL. I think we do it because we want to know they can't live without us. That they still love us. Hang in there gorgeous - try and pamper yourself a little today.

MWAH

Thanks so much to you all for your support!

I eventually got some sleep, but still it randomly pops into my mind and I have to force a new, happy thought into my head. I know I just need to keep being strong, staying positive and focusing on my baby girl. I hope she knows that no Mother could ever love a child more than I love her, and I will do my best to give her a beautiful, happy life. It can definitely be a tough gig though, this single mother journey!!

hugs babe. It is hard, really hard. My xh moved on before we were even separated - heck we were still married when he started his relationship. This is going to sound horrible but I'm glad he & I don't have any children together, it would have made things even worse. I still have feelings for him, but of the past, more like "I loved him but I don't love him now or even like the person he is".

What I've got is a list of things I'm grateful for, songs that make me smile, of things that make me happy & smile - when I'm having a bad moment (18 months on I still have bad moments) I pull out that list and read it or start singing one of the songs in my head. That helps me to change my mindset.

The most important person in the world is YOU, you have a gorgeous bubba arriving soon, just focus on that. Take each day as it comes, don't worry about what you'll be feeling tomorrow or the next day - just focus on the now.

HTH

rhyb Guest

I hate me XP but I still dont like that since we split hes had numerous girlfriends. Maybe Im just bitter that dating will be harder for me and that he has no responsibility.