Thread: WWYD - birth registration

Default WWYD - birth registration

When I put in DD3's birth registration forms, I was late. Because it was past 60 days I needed to provide 3 forms of ID for both myself & ex.

I didn't do that before I left & now she's over 3 & still not registered. I tried 2 years ago when I tried enrolling her in day care. I explained to ex that I needed the 3 forms of ID, but he refused as we'd never needed to provide this before, neither had his parents for any of their kids , so I must be lying & using the ID for something else.

I need to get this done, but if I can't get his ID the only thing to do is leave his name off the birth certificate. I personally don't feel comfortable doing that. For DD's sake. We have 3 older kids & they all have his name, I don't think its fair on her to not have it on there :/

What would you do in my situation? Would you leave his name off? I guess I will if I have too, but as I said, I don't like how that will make DD feel when she's older...

Default Re: WWYD - birth registration

Can you send him and the parents the form and ask them to lodge it that way they don't have to hand over any details to you?

That aside they are being bottom holes

Maybe add a note stressing the importance so she can be enrolled for school? Surely they can't be that much of a poo poo head that they would want to stop her from going to school!

Put his name on the form (get him to sign it if you can) and put a stat dec with the form stating your separated status and why you are unable to provide the 3 forms of ID from him.

YOu can still give her his last name and just leave him off the birth certificate, but I *think* that may cause problems for you later with child support and FTB etc. I know that he's not exactly doing the right thing in that regard, so it won't make much difference, but I think that may be your only option. Have you called BDM to see what they say about it?

Speak to births deaths and marriages. Explain that you are now seperated and he won't provide the information. Ask if you can supply a stat dec. find out from them what to do. I believe to not have his name on the birth certificate you'd have to sign a stat dec stating that paternity is unknown, which could cause you all kinds of problems later. I wouldn't be signing that given you know who the father is.

The only way he can be put on is by doing what they have asked you for, you can sign a stat dec but he won't be added by just that. Your other option is to get it court ordered for him to sign it (which with a paternity test they could definitely make him do). My sons father isn't on his but is being added in the next month or so

I spoke to them today. They won't just accept a stat dec. They need to have his ID.
    I already have child support covered with a stat dec, but that one is over 6 months old, so can't be used.
    If his name doesn't go on like this, he will have to go the court order/paternity test. It's a whole different ball game to have the name added later.

He's also on the other side of the country, so getting his signature etc isn't easy. I also wouldn't trust him with the paperwork. It wouldn't get sent if I passed it onto him to do.

I'll message his mum & see what she can do for me. I'll also explain all this to him. Yay. And I guess we'll go from there :/

If he is playing the "I don't trust you" card, tell him to man up and ring births deaths and marriages and ask himself!

Ha ha ha. You make me laugh BG. He might be 32, but that doesn't mean he can do big boy things, like make phone calls :/

His mum should make him do something next time he's there. Will talk to her tonight.

I was gonna play the "or get mummy to do it" but given you have contact with her I didn't want to be toooo mean..

If you're worried his mum won't believe you either, can you email them the info that says what he needs to do? Or print it and post it?

Can you both send your details to BDM separately? I'm guessing BDM probably wouldn't accept that either (doesn't sound like they're that accommodating)...

Sounds like a relatively easy task made difficult!

Sorry, but I do have to wonder who's the 3yo and who's the adult...