Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a single mum in Melbourne?

Default Are you a single mum in Melbourne?

I'm a single mum in Melbourne & wondered if there are others out there, for some support, an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, someone to share a laugh when times are good and to understand when times aren't.

Maybe we can all meet up from time to time & the kids can play together?

Where are you? There are a few of us singletons here in Mlebourne. I'm near Camberwell.

Yup...Im one too! Im in Gippsland Welcome to BB!

Hi Divvy & Madissun!
    I have a beautiful daughter Amelia and we live in Heidelberg.
    Divvy, how do you find working fulltime is, being a single mum? I have gone back to work & am doing about 20hrs/fortnight atm, relying on extended family & a friend to babysit. I am looking into childcare centres atm. I wish I didn't have to as she is so young, but I need to work and I figure her getting to interact with other children will be good for her social development.

Kate

It's quite difficult, I had two in fulltime childcare and it was more expensive to pay for that than to pay my mortgage.

But my kids have been in daycare since they were 13weeks old as I just had no other option.

Yes it's hard, but I know I'm the sole effective provider for the kids, and I just do it.

You just do what you have to do to make ends meet. I'm hearin' you! My mum was a single mum for 12 years, before she passed away and now that I am a mum too, I realise that I didn't appreciate all she did for us and all the sacrifices she made to look after my brother and I. Now I have a new-found appreciation and understanding of what she went through. I just wish she were here so I could tell her!

You are amazing, Divvy, being on your own, working fulltime and looking after your two little ones. I admire you!

It is quite difficult, i agree. I run my own business full time as well as being a single mum. My son is in childcare 3 days a week and my mum looks after him every Saturday.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm very close to Divvy too, Camberwell area Always up for chatting and meeting with fellow single mums... should get together in a play centre and let the kids run rampant while we talk
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I'm up for a chat and a cuppa - we're in Knoxfield.

shed44 Guest

hi ladies....i'm a single mum too...i'm from greensborough.....would love to chat with other single mums!

Hi there! I'm a single mum to an 8 month old boy. The father is not in the picture. I'm living near Bright unfortunately but I do get to Melbourne a fair bit. Would love to catch up with some of you if there was an opportunity. I manage a media business and am working full time too but somehow managing to do it from home with my son around. Don't use childcare or babysitters at this stage but I'm sure that's not too far away.

shed44 Guest

hi rita...when yr in melbourne and feel like a coffee and some play time for yr son let me know!

Let me know too! Im in Gippsland...so on the way through from Bright (if you go the back way )

shed44 Guest

sounds good madisun and anyone else that wants to! i work part time so i have a bit of time up my sleeve for a catch up.

I would love to meet other single mums too!! Did you have a date in mind yet?

shed44 Guest

Red face

i can anytime except fridays and wednesdays flyingk...other mummys when r u free?

We have various things on each week, so depends on the day!

Monday afternoons or Wednesday lunchtime or the weekend are good for us!

Hey there. I'm in Melbourne in one week. I get there next Saturday and am there until the following Sunday. I would love to catch up with a few of you if it works out. Being single working mothers I know this may be a challenge to try to find a time and place that would work. I work from Thursday to Sunday so I can catch up Mon, Tues or Wed at any time. Any chance this could work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast