Thread: Haute One Size Pockets

Default Haute One Size Pockets

hI i purchased some of these, i washed them in warm water (didnt want to melt the PUL) then when they were dry i poured some water on to the nappy and it didnt soak into the fleecey stuff. I assume as the slot is between the fleecey stuff and the pul that that is where i put the liner/pad? the pad stayed dry and the water pooled on top. What should i do?

Hi

Yeah the "slot" (also known as the pocket) is where you stuff the microfibre inserts. I've never tested my nappies by putting water just on the pocket shell, I just put them on the kids.. LOL

They don't need any extra washing for absorbency though, just the once to remove the manufacturing residue, so they should be good to go. Try a test with the inserts in them, so they can absorb the liquid because I would assume putting it on the microfleece sitting on the PUL is the problem as it has nowhere to be drawn to.

Hi,
    i did have the liner in there and it stil sat ontop of the fleecey stuff, i even used warm water (as pee is warm)
    i emailed the makers and they have told me to wash them again and put them in the sun again, if still an issue to wash in hotter water with dishwashing liquid.

How weird, I've only ever had that happen if they are older nappies and have had sudocream or something used in the fleece. They are telling you to do a strip wash on them, if you need further instructions on how to do that, I'm sure there is a sticky in the cloth threads that explain how to do it

Oh so sudocream is out? what about pawpaw ointment?

I've not started using cloth myself yet but from what I've read, any cream that leaves a greasy residue is out - the one I keep hearing recommended for mcn users is Moo Goo... not sure about paw paw though.

Quote Originally Posted by ttcanxiety View Post
    Oh so sudocream is out? what about pawpaw ointment?
    Yup sudocream is out - anything that acts as a barrier cream (ya know, can't be rubbed in or anything) will stick to the fibres of the fabric and effect its absorbency. Plus its a PITA to scrub off - I've had to do it to a bumg pocket shell when daycare used sudocream on DS's nappy rash one day - took ages to do it with a toothbrush!!!!

Some paw paw cream is ok - the yellow and the black one - but not the red one.

And yes, I think most of us use moogoo. But if I do have to use sudocream for any rashes that aren't moving - I just use a liner between the butt and the nappy - so no cream gets on the nappy directly.

HTH.

Sorry to hijcak the thread but I have a question.......

I was looking at these the other night and they say upto 16kg........those of you that already use them, do any of your littles have thunder thighs?? DS has massive thighs and I was just wondering if any of you have had any luck with these.

Sorry again for the hijack!!

**BUMP**

Sorry mate, can't help you - I wish my kids had thunder thighs!!! LOL

That said, they don't create the tightest seal against their thighs (not enough to cause leaks, but not as tight as say, a Widdlewuns seal is) so they might be ok for a bigger bub?

I read that on a review as well Mel. Yeah your kiddies are skinny mini's!! Lol.

P.S: Loving the CT's as well!!

Awesome

TTC, in case you are still wondering why the water pooled on top of the fleece: I tried this too with a bunch of new pocket nappies and found that it only went through when I put a full cup of water right next to the fleece and turned it upside down, so it was being forced through (as pee would be). If I poured from above it just sat on top like you described. Having put some on the bub now I know that they do work as they should!