Thread: Rumparooz G2?

Default Rumparooz G2?

Has anyone used Rumparooz G2 with the 6R soaker insert?

I have read terrific things about them online from US mothers, but haven't found much mention of them over here.

Does anyone have an opinion on how they compare to the Bumgenius? Obviously they are expensive, but that aside I am curious how you think they do on newborns (they have the smaller size setting now).

Cheers.

Sookie,

I have no anwser for you sorry but I am also interested to read any feedback... I am assuming you use BGs atm?? The newborn setting is what has me curious - oh and the super cute fabric

Hi Tan,

It would be nice to hear from someone who has used them, wouldn't it?!

Atm, I am not using anything as I am still pregnant! (6 weeks to go) and am currently looking at options for nappies. I think that I will get a few of these and a few BG and compare then make a decision. They are the same price, more or less. I am also curious about the Minilalas. Have you used those?

Good luck!

Never fear girls - I am here!
    I currently use a combination of Bumgenius' and Rumparooz. I personally prefer the Bumgenius but the Rumparooz are pretty good also. The leg channels on the Rumparooz really are as good as the reviews say, nothing escapes those buggers!

The reasons I like the Bumgenius' are mostly personal - i.e. things that don't work for me but might be just fine for some one else - but I'll list them anyway.

- My girl is a bit prone to nappy rash and I find the Rumparooz cause this slightly more than the BG. Not sure why cause I think they are basically the same material?? This is only really a problem when the weather is warm (rash is not much of a problem in cooler weather) so perhaps the Rumparooz is making her slightly warmer?? If there is any difference it is pretty minimal.

- The rumparooz are a bit harder to stuff. This doesn't bother me but DH complains everytime he does some stuffing.

- The pocket opening on the rumparooz comes open all the time so the insert comes into contact with her skin. I fixed this with a press stud sewn onto the opening 'flaps'.

- The shape of the rumparooz on my girl is not as good as the BG. This might just be her shape, but the cut in at the waist more so they make more of a 'round' shape around her butt instead of the more 'straight up and down' shape of the BG. Not sure if that description makes any sense at all.....

HTH

PS I haven't used any Minilalas but my friends that have them are all selling theirs because they don't get on with them.

Hi Sagres!

That is all very interesting. Are you using Velcro or snaps? You say the shapes is better on the BG, does that mean they are also less bulky on your little one than the RAR?

Were you using both from newborn stage?

It's so hard to know what to do! I am wondering about buying some sized nappies, and/or some fitted with covers. Do you have an opinion on what is better? i.e BG or RAR AIOs/pockets one sized, AIOs/pockets sized, or fitted one size or sized + covers.

I know this is kinda off the topic of the original post!

Cheers.

Sagres to the resuce

First of all how the heck do you get your DH to stuff nappies??? I couldn't give a brass razoo about the rumparoos any more I want to know all about that

Seriously though thanks for the feedback - we have used BGs full time from about 2 months of age and I suppose I was just lucky that that's all I bought and they just so happen to be perfect for DS.

What I love about the rumparoos, from just from browsing online:

* the fabric - colours are so vivid

* the snaps - DS went through a 3 month stage of ripping the velcro open and making a mess most times

*the fabric - limited edition ones are to die for

* the newborn setting - although I think #2 will be as big as or bigger (EEK) than DS (9lb 10) I really want a OSFM pocket that I can use straight away

* the fabric - mmm did I mention this already??

* the gusset/leg channels - claim to be the 'best' and you seem to support this so YAY

Interesting what you say about the nappy rash we live in the tropics so would be interested to see what happens to DS if we go for the RAR. It's strange too that I have heard so many bad things about BGs and yet they are perfect for us - including shape as with your DD!

Sookie - hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly and happy nappy shopping.. once you figure it all out - it is rather confuzzling!!

Quote Originally Posted by sookie View Post
    Are you using Velcro or snaps?
    I personally like velcro. I have some other nappies with snaps and find I feel like I need to put my fingers behind the snap (so inside the nappy when it is on her) to press it closed which seems a bit silly. I think others like snaps when babies get a bit older and can undo velcro I guess I figure they are going to go through a nappy opening stage at some point, might just be earlier with velcro.
    You say the shapes is better on the BG, does that mean they are also less bulky on your little one than the RAR?
    Yes, the BGs are less bulky but they also sit differently at the waist which affects the overall shape.
    Were you using both from newborn stage?
    I was using BG from newborn and the Rumparooz from about 6 weeks. I think I got away with using the BGs when she was new born because she wasn't a big wetter or pooer. She was really a bit small for them and she looked like humpty dumpty when she was packing so much bulk around her middle. I think the rumparooz would be fine from newborn.
    I am wondering about buying some sized nappies, and/or some fitted with covers. Do you have an opinion on what is better? i.e BG or RAR AIOs/pockets one sized, AIOs/pockets sized, or fitted one size or sized + covers.
    Not really sure about his, I have tried fitted nappies with a cover (Baby Beehinds) but I didnt like them as much as OSFM pocket nappies. I like the bit that holds all the moisture being a layer of material away from her butt instead of right against it. And I'm too much of a tightass to get sized nappies.
    Last edited by Sagres; November 28th, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan2705 View Post
    First of all how the heck do you get your DH to stuff nappies??? I couldn't give a brass razoo about the rumparoos any more I want to know all about that
    LMAO - yeah, he's a pretty good sort