Thread: Any Musical Mums Out There?

Default Any Musical Mums Out There?

Hi, I was wondering if there are any musos amongst our BB community?? I am a very amateur musician, but I love to play and write songs. Anyone else write/sing their own songs for their LOs? I have written several kids songs for DD and am thinking of maybe recording them or something... I would love to collaborate with someone. Anyone else into this type of thing??

hehe in the yesteryear that was pre-children I was a bit of a singer/songwriter. I haven't written anything seriously for years! But I did write a little lullaby for the girls just the other night
    DD#1 loves singing, and thinks she's fabulous - so much so that I get told "dont mum, dont sing"

I probably dont have time to collaborate, but would love to hear what you do!

awwww! im so glad theres a thread for this.. i have always been into writing and singing,
    ive done gigs at the carols in newcastle before.. which i was paid for. but i havent done much for along time.
    im very shy lol but i love writing and i think that will always be with me ive always sung to dd to she loves it for now anyway lol

Sneakysparkle - He he re DD telling you "don't sing mum". That is so cute.
    Diana is luckily still at the stage where she wants me to sing to her... She makes up her own songs too, which is very sweet.

For Diana I mostly write songs about animals, it seems. I wrote one that other night about our pet rat, and previously I wrote one about my cats back home in NZ. Then there's "I Wish I Was An Octopus", but that's more about being a mum and juggling everything...

Before having Diana I used to be a stand-up comedian, so would try to write funny songs for my act but never actually came up with anything usable.

I might record one of my kids songs and put it on youtube or something. Now that would be hilarious.

BC - Yes, I am very shy about my music too, but I think I am getting more outgoing in my old age, LOL.

I dont write but I LOVE to sing!!!!!!!!!!!
    I drive DD nuts singing at the top of my lungs in the car

Oh yes, I love singing in the car too. Embarrassing if I forget that I have passengers...

Do any of you play any instruments or have music making ofware on your computers?