Thread: Easy vegetarian dish with no eggs?

Default Easy vegetarian dish with no eggs?

Hi ladies,

My friend has recently had a baby and I was hoping to make her a few dinners to help her out. She is a vegetarian (not vegan) and the only meat free dishes I make myself frequently also have eggs in them, unfortunately her DS is allergic!

Please help me come up with something yummy but not too hard

Last edited by ~Hestia~; November 16th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

Last night we had bean and polenta pie....

1 cup (or can) cooked cannellini beans
    1 small butternut pumpkin, cubed (or use half - the ones from our garden are tiny) and cooked however you like
    2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach.

6 cups vegie stock
    2 cups polenta

Arrange all the vegies in a quiche plate. Boil the stock, add polenta and stir. Tip the polenta over the vegies, and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes.
    Bake for 30 minutes at 200C, serve with side salad.

Other than that, what about some bean casserole, or a huge pot of lentil and vegie soup?

I always make vegie lasagna or pumpkin spinich and ricotta lasagna

You can use any vegies you like i normally use
    spinich,carrot,onion,mushroom eggplant chop them all up,mix through some tomato paste or tomatos or just a sauce then layer together with the lasagna sheets

Make a simple cheese sauce with flour butter cheese pepper milk and add the sauce in with the layers as well finish with some grated cheese and bake

Or just do the same but mix some fresh spinich and ricotta or /and mashed pumpkin

I know it's boring as - but vegie soup is exactly what a new mumma needs, and she can freeze it for later.

OR - why not make some dips (hommus, beetroot etc), to freeze in little pots so if she is snacking she can hoe into something healthier than toast.

Yup i always make huge batches of vegie and lentil soup easy as to make and i freeze mine

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post

OR - why not make some dips (hommus, beetroot etc), to freeze in little pots so if she is snacking she can hoe into something healthier than toast.
    YUM! So, Lulu, you know where I live, right??

Thank you sooo much for the awesome ideas! Think I'll make everything you suggested!